Depressed x Hunk (and Pidge) - Bigger Fish

Requested by: RustyRedPanda

Just letting you know depression is a really touchy subject for me and it was hard to go back to rock bottom to write this. So, sorry for the delay RustyRedPanda and others who wanted this one-shot as well. By the way, you guys don't need to apologise for anything if any of you feel guilty.

You sat on your bed staring into space. You didn't think of anything specific when you did, but you just stared. What went on in your mind was a mystery. You would just zone out from the world and just stay like that. Sometimes you would wake yourself up while other times one of the Paladins would walk in and wake you up. It was a constant habit that you made for yourself.

Third person POV

"Hey, anyone know where (y/n) is?" Shiro asked, mentally counting everyone in the room.

"No," Hunk answered, flopping onto the couch with everyone else. "

She's probably in her room," Keith said.

"Why would she be there?" Shiro asked.

"She's always in there" Lance commented, hanging upside down from the couch.

"Huh," Shiro said.

Pidge listened intently on the entire situation. As a girl herself she knew that there was more going on. Pidge excused herself saying that she was going to get a drink, but went off to (y/n)'s room to check up on her.

Pidge ran towards your room and opened the door to see you on your bed staring at the wall. "Uh..." Pidge said, raising her brow. "

Huh? What?" You asked, blinking awake.

"Were you staring at the wall?" Pidge asked.

"Uh no! I uh..." You stammered.

"You were staring at the wall" Pidge grinned, knowing she was right. You groaned as combed your hair back.

"Yes, I was staring at the wall" You admitted.

"Thought so" Pidge beamed.

"Shut up," You sighed.

"Someone got on the wrong side of the bed" Pidge commented.

You frowned but didn't say anything. 'I was just minding my own business until you barged in! How do you think I'm supposed to react?!' You screamed in your mind. "Who cares if I got off on the wrong side of the bed?" You blurted out.

"Cranky, grouching and annoying, the effects of sleep deprivation" Pidge commented. 'Tacky genius' You frowned.

Even though you hated it, Pidge had a point. You'd been lacking sleep from dreams. You could never remember what they were, but you would wake up with sweat and fear. Sometimes you would wake up with a few memories, but then you would forget it by the time it was midday. "Did you want something?" You asked, changing the subject.

"No, I just wanted to see how you were" Pidge answered.

"Oh okay," You replied.

The awkward silence hung in the air. You didn't know what to say, but you didn't want to say anything anyway. Pidge, however, wanted to find out why you were always in your room.

"Okay, spill it (y/n), what do you do in your room?" Pidge asked.

"What?" You asked, shocked. Pidge raised her eyebrow as she gave you the look.

"Well, I sleep here, think, get changed and sometimes I study things in here" You answered.

"Maybe I need to be more specific. I mean what in the galaxy do you do while you stare at that wall?!?!" Pidge exclaimed, madly flailing her arms in the air.