Keith x suicide - You're not alone

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me,"a school lady said.

"Please just one moment" I said. The lady looked at me impatiently and stared me down.

"I'm sorry, but the school is closed now, you can't be here anymore" she said.

"Please just wait. It's only 4pm" I begged.

"I'm sorry miss, but you need to leave now" she said. I tried my absolute best not to cry and picked my bag up, leaving my phone to keep ringing my mum. I closed my eyes and walked out the school and into the street. My legs were not going to forgive me tomorrow.

When I arrived back home my miter was at the door with her arms folded. "You're late" she hissed.

"I'm sorry, but couldn't find a way to come home" I answered.

"Yes you did find a way home, walking. Make sure you come back home sooner, you hear me?" She said.

"Yes ma'me" I replied.

"Not get inside and do your work. I'm going out tonight so when I come back I want this place spotless" she said.

"But I can't do that! I have assignments and a test coming soon!" I protested.

"Does it look like I care?!" She hollered. I gulped, wondering if the whole neighbourhood heard her shouting. I tried not to think about that and nodded obediently. She pushed me inside and closed the door behind me beige driving off in her car.

It was over. I breathed a sigh and set my bag down in my bedroom. I had to get my study done, but the Josie was a mess and I didn't want to hear my mum screaming again. I stared at my bed. It was so inviting. Maybe if I took a nap I would be able to run away to la la land and forget about this place. I keep that if I slept now I wouldn't be able to fall asleep because of my paranoia about mum suddenly coming in and catching me napping.

Wait! There were sleeping pill in the medicine cupboard. Should I... take more than I should? I wondered at the thought. Should I take more? Should I take the whole bottle? I didn't even have the bottle on my hand yet! The relief that would come though! I wouldn't be stressed, hungry, teased or bullied. I was just a burden to everyone. There was nothing significant about my existence. I came from an accident after all...

I walked to the bathroom and found the pills almost immediately. I... didn't want to be alone. Maybe I could do this outside? No... people would see me, but I wanted them to see me!

My phone suddenly began to vibrate. I looked and saw that there was no caller ID. I accepted the call and raised the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I asked.

"Uh hi (y/n), this is Keith from school" Keith said.

"Keith?" I asked. "How did you get my number?"

"I have my ways. Listen, do you want to meet up some time?" He asked. "I know this may sound sudden and all, but you looked really down today. Do you need someone to talk to?"

"No... I'm fine" I answered.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"...Y-yeah I'm fine" I answered.

"Okay, one last question," he said.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Do you live near a blue house with that has a Chinese symbol at the door?" He asked.

"Um yes" I answered.

"Okay cool. Nice talking to you!" He said. He quickly hung up. I had a small hope that he would come, but the odds were low. I walked to the cupboard and started cleaning the house. There was wine of the floor, food left on the counter, pots that had hardened leftovers on them and a whole pile of trash scattered across the floor. By the time I was done mum came back home. I locked myself in my room and hid, doing my homework. Hopefully she'll ignore me like usual because I cleaned the house.

I breathed a sigh of relief and suddenly felt really drowsy. Sleep... I need sleep

...

"(Y/n)!" A loud smack shook my desk. The teacher looked over me with a stern face. If we were in a school twenty years ago would whip you with a cane right now! Go to the principle's office now!"

Did I fall asleep? What day was it? I stumbled out of my desk and walked out into the hallway. I found it so hard not to fall down now and sleep on the floor. A door or two opened and closed behind me. I tried to keep and stuffed my hands into my hoodie. A bottle rattled inside.

It was the pills. I looked to my left and saw the bubbler next to me. I looked around me and saw that no one was in sight. I walked over to the bubbler. If I took them now and quickly. I would be dead and I wouldn't wake up to see people talking about me. I slowly pulled the bottle out and unscrewed the lid.

I took a few pills in my hand. I weighed the pills in my hand and lifted them to my mouth, but a strong hand stoped me.

"You're not alone," he said.

"Keith?" I turned around and saw Keith gripping my wrist. He pulled the pills of off my hand and gently pushed my hand toward my chest.

"Do you feel that?" He asked. "Do you feel your heart beating (y/n)? Were you going to make that heart stop beating?"

I pulled against his grip and shook my hand free. "You don't understand a single thing about me" I cried. Tears began to stream down my face. "You don't understand what I go through every single day at home and coming to school. If you knew just one of the struggles I go through then you would be taking those pills just like I am!" I shouted.

Keith looked at me and gently wrapped his arms around me. I couldn't remember much after that. I remembered crying a lot, the teachers office and all the commotion. But what I did remember was that Keith was there. He was either hugging me or holding my hand.

When we were at the office I remember two phrases. "You're not alone (y/n). I love you."