Haxus x Galran reader - The Light

Start from the beginning

...

It wasn't before long that you went to bed with an empty stomach again. You fainted during the exercise and the others were also falling in line with the same consequences. This didn't please your father at all. Since you and your squad were physically wasted, you were sentenced to be without food until the next morning. It wasn't cruel until you also heard that water was not allowed as well. Dehydrated, hungry and exhausted, the recipe for death.

Your dorm was filled with the some of your squad members. The room was silent. There was a mutual agreement for silence in order to rest and conserve any body fat that somehow remained and the energy to make it through the barrack's cold night.

Unexpectedly, the door opened. You didn't bother to open your eyes and almost cried out when something touched your lips. You noticed that other footsteps entered the room. Squirts of water dripped into your mouth, moisturising what your saliva should have. When at least your eyes were not dry enough to scrape across the surface of your eyes, you opened them to see Haxus and other cadets caring for your squad mates.

"Haxus?" You croaked. "What are you doing here? You know it is against protocol to be here!"

"Shh" Haxus hushed. "We heard about your treatment and decided that this squad had enough" Haxus replied.

"What do you mean? Aren't all the squads treated like this?" You asked.

"No, your squad received double the normal training even though you are not in the elite force" Haxus answered.

"Why?" You cried.

"Put simply and stupidly, it is because you are the general's daughter" Haxus answered. You hearted sank to an even deeper level. "Shh, don't cry" Haxus cooed, stroking your cheek gingerly.

"How am I not able to weep when I and my squad mates suffer just because of my heritage. If I alone held the punishment the pain would be more bearable, but to see others suffer my punishment is wounding" You cried.

"Because I know that even in this persecution, you will find some way to pick yourself up and show to your father that you will not stand with this and fight for your comrades, that was what set you apart from everyone else. While we all fight for ourselves, you have always stood for those who could not stand on their own and took the blow when it was given to them" Haxus answered.

You solemnly looked to Haxus who reflected a weary hope within his eyes. "I will find strength" You whispered, lifting your hand to Haxus' cheek. He fervently cupped your hand and rubbed his thumb on the back of your hand and smiled.

Suddenly the door burst open catching Haxus and his group red-handed. "What in the name of our Emperor Zarkon is going on here?!" The head guard exclaimed. His mouth dropped when he saw the water bottles and dry food behind passed around by the other cadets. "This is disgraceful! Pity and mercy" The guard spat, "You should all be punished for this."

"Punished for treating soldiers to their wounds so that they can fight their battles again?" Haxus challenged, standing up towards the head guard. His young masculine features tensed in defiance.

"What battle?" The guard scoffed. "You are no more than trainees not even worthy of being titled a cadet. You will all be punished in the morning before the sun even rises!" He screamed.

And it was just as he said. Hours later when we were all fed and watered, guards came in with clubs and took the able bodies away. Haxus was left alone, however. Eventually, your time came when another set of guards beat what little was left of your newfound energy and dragged you out the door. You were horrified to see blood and did not feel the shock. It was somehow expected and feared.