Purple Paladin x Kolivan

Start from the beginning

"That sounds like a large operation for a small group of spies, wouldn't a captured cargo ship bring some suspicion onto us?" Shiro asked.

"Yeah, that's quite a large group required for such a small supply run" Keith added.

"Yeah, but it is a really strong barricade, don't you think this requires a bit more than one person?" You asked.

"The question is who is going in" Kolivan said.

"I'll go" You said. Allura and the others stared at you in shock. "What?" You asked.

"(y/n), I don't think you understand the pressure of this mission" Shiro said, "The two that are going in will not have any backup and they may not even get any radio assistance when they go in." "Shiro-" "(y/n), you are the heart of Voltron, what do you think is going to do to the team when you die?" Shiro said.

"Since when did I say that I was going to die Shiro?" You replied, "Shiro you know how I can handle myself on solo missions, this shouldn't be any different." You stared back at Shiro and waited for his answer.

"(y/n), are you sure that this isn't a personal matter being brought to the mission?" Shiro asked.

"Shiro when the Galra tried to attack my friends, family and home planet, I made it personal" You answered, "And I think I'm not the only person here who fight against the Galran empire because of a personal matter. Shiro they took your arm, they kidnaped Pidge's family and my kind are being monsters. This is a personal matter to all of us."

Shiro sighed and looked at each and every one of us in the eye. "Who's going with her?" Shiro asked.

"I will go with her" Kolivan said.

"As much as I would like my sister to be protected, I don't think Kolivan should go" Keith said.

"Why?" You asked.

"Because he is the head of the Blade of Marmora, anything happens to him and the rebellion might fall, I'll go" Keith answered.

"Okay, that settles it" Shiro said, "Allura, Kolivan and I will make a plan while the rest of you get ready." You nodded in acknowledgement and walked out the bridge. Keith stopped you by the shoulder.

"Hey, I need to talk to you" Keith said.

"Don't tell me, this is about Kolivan isn't it?" You sighed.

"Just follow me" Keith sighed. You rolled your eyes and followed big brother to the bedroom. The whole time you thought up how you would respond to his typical questions and whatnot. This would take about thirty-minutes tops you guessed. "You like Kolivan, don't you?" Keith said.

"No I don't!" You snapped.

"Yes, you do" Keith said, "I may not be a girl, but I know that staring at someone across the room can mean that you either hate him or like him."

"What do you know about girls and liking people?" You huffed, "You've never had a girlfriend in your life and you don't know the first thing about dating."

"But I know a lot about guys and how they work so you should take my word in this, okay?" Keith said. You sighed in frustration and glared at your brother. "We're going on this mission together and talk about this later okay?" Keith said sternly.

"Fine," You growled.

Thirty minutes later the plan was made and you and Keith were geared up for the mission. "Our team is a small one and they only require minimal supplies that help avoid interrogations, escape and even hide their bodies when they die" Kolivan said.