Shiro x reader - The two sides part 2

Start from the beginning

...

The next day was spent adjusting to your new team. Today was Friday. You spent all day doing drills and practices with your team, learning their communications skills, cues and weaknesses. You fit well. Not only were they hardworking and at times down to earth, but they were fun; they were enjoyable company. You loved your team and they loved you, one a bit more than the other (I dabbed when I wrote this, sorry just had to say this to you guys :P).

For your first day, it went pretty good. There were some standards in the team that was higher than what you expected, but you were an adapter, an engineer. Whatever that had to be done, you did it at any cost.

"That was awesome, you're a really talented engineer (y/n)" Liam complimented.

You stepped outside the simulator and took your helmet off. Your pony tail was pulled out making your (h/l) (h/c) fall out. Some of your hair fell in front of your face, shielding your eyes. You groaned and pushed some bits away, but another hand brushed some as well, tucking it behind your ear. You slightly gapped knowing that it was Shiro.

You willed yourself not to blush as you turned to thank him. "Y-you're welcome" Shiro stammered. You silently laughed. Your smile made Shiro nervously turn away. This was not the Shiro that you knew before. In high school he was such a confident kid, sweeping girls off their feet while hanging with the school kids. But now, he was a changed man.

He was responsible, caring and mature. But when it came to girls, now he was so nervous and timid. It was like time was going backwards for him. This new change was amusing. You were always confident and see Shiro in this fragile state mused you. In fact, it made him... Captivating.

The three of you got out of your suits and walked to the dorms. "We should go out tonight" Liam suggested, "Tomorrow is the weekend so nothing bad is going to happen."

"That's what you said to our last engineer, look at what happened. We got a new one" Shiro replied, almost warning him.

"What happened to your last engineer?" You asked, gathering a few articles of clothing to create a spare outfit.

"Liam got him to drink too much" Shiro answered.

"What happened afterward?" You asked.

"You really don't want to know. Let's just say that the manager, some fist fights and words were involved" Shiro summarised.

"That's stupid" You remarked.

"That's what I said!" Shiro added, "And yet this boy says to do it again."

"Hey, it was not my idea to give him that drink" Liam said.

"Yes, but it was you who knew that he was competitive and mentioned how strong it was" Shiro pointed out.

"Eh, that's true" Liam nodded, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, this may be a shocker, but I don't drink" You announced, walking over to the bathroom.

"My my, aren't you healthy" Liam remarked.

"I don't like alcohol and it does those who drink it often result in some brain damage. Some people have come out of the bar with no brain at all" You smiled, looking at Liam. You closed the door as got changed. From inside, you could hear Liam talking Shiro. He was trying to convince him that he had a brain and why it was still there. But he didn't say how much of it was left.

In the end, you guys actually went out. But thanks to you and Shiro, you didn't go to any pubs or clubs. Instead, you actually went to Liam's house. You guys were in his car so you had to go wherever he drove to.

It wasn't a surprise that he lived in quite a luxurious house. He was the son of a lawyer and accomplish Pharmacist. Both were well-paid and high in ranks resulting with a fine house, property and car.

"This is quite a place" You awed.

"I'm glad you think so. Because you two are going to stay here for the weekend" Liam smiled.

"Is that why you asked us to bring our bags with us?" You questioned, the weight of your bag pushing against your shoulder.

"Yes," Liam answered.

"Any reason why you invited us for the whole weekend without ever doing this before?" Shiro asked.

"Let's just say that this house need some sitters" Liam answered.

"And where do you think you're going?" Shiro questioned.

"I am going out with my girlfriend today and tonight" Liam replied.

Shiro pulled Liam to the side, away from you. "Liam you know that this is a risky move and you didn't even ask" Shiro whispered.

"Yeah, but believe me. This is going to work. And this house is big enough for you to stay away from her anyways" Liam argued.

"I still think this is a bad idea" Shiro sighed.

"Hey, man, if you need any help, my phone will be on. Trust me, she likes you back. Have you seen any how many times I've caught her staring at you and tensing every time you came close to her? It's only been twenty-four hours" Liam said.

Shiro turned from Liam to you. You were walking around the house with your bag still on your shoulder. Shiro was definitely falling you. "Okay fine" Shiro said.

"Yes! Thank you man. Now, I've got thirty minutes to get to my date on time. Have a great date-I mean day!" Liam shouted running out the house. You flicked your head over to Liam who was running out the house. 'Wait a second' You thought. Liam was out of the house in seconds.

You walked over to Shiro and asked, "You do realise that he took the only car in this house and that we're stranded in his property right?" Shiro cringed and closed his eyes.

"That sly fox" Shiro sighed, rubbing his face.

"You know, I'd say that he set up this thing" You said.

"He did, that's because he knew" Shiro replied.

"Knew what?" You asked.

"Knew that... I liked you, a lot" Shiro answered.

You body flushed with heat and goose bumps again. "Is that so?" You asked, turning to Shiro. Shiro bit lip and turned away. You weren't sure if this was going to be a good idea. You were about cup his face, but you grasped Shiro's hand and intertwined your fingers with his. You felt his hand tense, but it almost instantly relaxed.

You smiled. That idea before would have been too straight forward. You wondered what that would have led to. You loosened your fingers and was about to leave, but Shiro rested his hand on the side of your face and gently pulled you into a kiss.

From the distance... On the other side of the screen was Liam. Sitting in his car, watching you guys slowly sink in the kiss through the security cameras. "Yes!" He cheered.