Depressed x Hunk (and Pidge) - Bigger Fish

Start from the beginning

"I don't know!" You asserted. "I just... Stare!" You growled.

"I'm pretty sure you do more than just stare at a blank wall" Pidge smirked. You glared at Pidge and ignored her; You had enough human interaction for one day.

"Just go," You said bluntly, resting your elbows on your knees. Pidge frowned in speculation and leaned on the doorpost.

"I'm not leaving," Pidge said determinedly.

"Yes, you are" You growled, getting up to push Pidge out of the way.

Pidge implanted her feet in the ground and stayed where she was. You pushed against her feet and her shoulders, but she wouldn't budge. You weren't going to give up, though. You needed some time alone and unfortunately, Pidge was in the way of letting you get that peace. "Pidge, please leave! I want to be alone!" You pleaded, shoving against Pidge.

"Why?" Pidge asked, gripping the sides of the door frame.

"Just go Pidge!" You grunted.

"Why?!" Pidge questioned.

"I need to be alone Pidge! Just please go!" You begged.

"Just tell me why!" Pidge grunted.

You reeled in for one last shove and managed to knock Pidge off her feet. Pidge fell back onto the ground. You quickly took the chance and sealed the door shut. Pidge quickly got up and tried to stop you, but the door closed just before she could get in.

"(y/n)!" Pidge shouted, banging on the door.

"Leave!" You screamed behind the door.

"Open the door (y/n)!" Pidge demanded.

"Pidge!" Hunk called from further down the hallway. Hunk quickly scurried over to Pidge and ushered her away from the door.

"I don't think it's a good time to disturb (y/n)" Hunk said gravely, looking behind him at your door.

"What? Why?" Pidge asked.

"I'll tell you later" Hunk sighed, walking away from (y/n)'s closed door.

Your POV

You wept as you sat on your bed. Tears rolled down your cheeks and onto your knees as while tucked yourself into a ball. In the dark, you wept alone. You drowned yourself in your void as your hugged yourself tighter. It hurt. Why did it hurt so much?

Third person POV

"Hunk, what's going on?" Pidge asked as the two entered the living room. The other Paladins had heard the racket, as did Hunk.

"(Y/n)'s hurting, that's what's going on" Hunk answered.

"Why? What happened?" Pidge asked. Hunk looked at the floor grimly.

"Hunk? What's going on?" Shiro asked.

Hunk sadly moved onto the couch and took a seat. Pidge followed and jumped down on an empty seat. "About two weeks ago (y/n) found out that she lost her parents" Hunk answered.

"Oh," Pidge said, looking down on the floor.

"No, that's not what's hurting her" Hunk interjected, "(Y/n)'s parents died months ago and she only found out two weeks ago." Everyone fell into a silence.

The news shook everyone and if you listened closely you could hear (y/n)'s weeping in the background.

"How did she take the news?" Keith asked.

"I don't know," Hunk answered. "I meant, at first she seemed to take it really well, but then she started to drift away from everything. I think she's been crying a lot, but I never knew how bad it was until a few days ago when I found out she's been crying herself to sleep since the night she found out." Hunk sadly hung his head.

"Buddy it's not your fault. You couldn't have known that she was hurting that badly, I mean, none of us were able to pick up any clues either" Lance said, placing a hand on Hunk's shoulder.

"Yeah, thanks, man" Hunk smiled.

"Well, maybe we should do something for (y/n)" Pidge suggested.

"Like what?" Hunk asked.

"Uhm..." Pidge said aloud. "I don't know... Throw a party?" Pidge said randomly.

"I don't think a loud bang in the middle of distress is the best solution" Keith piped up.

"If you put it that way I guess that makes sense" Pidge sighed.

"Well, when I was down my mum would always get the family together and we'd always gather around the person and give them a hug," Lance said. "We've got a big family and don't think that the Lance doesn't know how to cheer up a girl" Lance grinned.

"It's an idea" Shiro smiled.

"Trust me, guys, with a family as big as mine we've learned how to help each other out" Lance beamed.

"Okay, let's do it" Pidge smiled.

Thirty minutes later...

Your POV

You calmed down a bit and now you were leaning on your bedhead sitting in the midst of your sadness. You heard a soft knock on the door and quickly wiped your tears and went to the door. "Yeah?" You asked, cracking the door open.

"It's me," Hunk said.

"Oh, hey Hunk," You said, doing your best to smile. You fully opened the door when you saw Hunk's face, but frowned when you saw the rest of the gang, even Coran and Allura were there outside the door. "Hunk, what are you doing?" You demanded.

"We want to help" Hunk smiled. You tilted your head and looked at the group with an inquisitive face.

"Come here" Hunk cooed, pulling you into a hug. Hunk pulled you outside your dark room into the circle of friends. Hunk's large arms wrapped around you in a warm hug. Soon you felt more pairs of arms wrapping around you.

You were shocked. It was a foreign sensation, but somehow it was welcoming and satisfying. You tried to hold back the overwhelming tears, but you were so weak from fighting and crying that you just gave in.

"(y/n), you're not alone in this" Hunk said, caressing your head lovingly.

"I agree with Hunk (y/n). I've lost my father and my mother too" Allura smiled.

"That's the not the same with what I'm going through" You whimpered.

"(y/n), I lost my father 10,000 years ago, I know how it feels, a few months is nothing" Allura slightly giggled.

"Wait, how did you know- Hunk!" You whined.

"Sorry (y/n), I had to tell the others" Hunk laughed.

"You big panda you told everyone the secret" You smiled.

"Hey, secrets come out one way or another. Look at me, I eventually had to come clean and tell everyone that I was a girl" Pidge giggled.

"Yeah, I'm still recovering from that," Lance commented. You laughed at Lance's remark remembering his priceless face.

"Hey hey, she smiles," Keith remarked.

"(y/n), you may not pilot a lion, but you're still on this team and that means we all look out for each other, pilot or not" Shiro smiled.

"Exactly, through all my years I've always learned one thing: Someone always has a bigger fish than you," Coran said sophistically.

"Uh, I don't see how that helps Coran" Shiro responded.

"What I'm trying to say Shiro is that when you think you have the worst problem in the universe, think of the thousands of others that are going through exactly what you are. Not everyone has your kind of strength and courage, imagine how they're taking this" Coran smiled.

"Thanks, Coran" whispered through your tears.

"We've all lost something," Shiro said, "Whether it's family, parts of our lives, our homes or even ourselves."

You sighed and took those words in. "Thanks, guys, I really needed this," You said hoarsely.

"Oh stop it (y/n), now you're making me cry" Lance smirked.

"Ha ha ha!" You laughed.