Keith x reader - Reckless

Requested by foseriousj

*Message for the guys, from Keith

You know the feeling when you finally find the girl of your dreams and then find out that she's a complete lunatic when it comes to reckless situations and fights? Yep! I am in that situation right now... -_-

You joined the team as a rouge human who left Earth a while ago. It was amazing how you managed to stay away from earth as long as you did. It was only by luck that you were intercepted with an alien ship that passed by you when you were running out of supplies. For a place in their crew, you offered your brains and skills as a fighter and mechanic. From then on you worked as mercenaries with your crew of aliens.

That is... Until you met Keith. One day when your captain decided to cross the Galran empire your ship let out a distress call which was intercepted by the Paladins. Of course, being the heroes they were, they rushed over to save you. Unfortunately, you were the only one alive by the time the Paladins made it to you. When the oxygen ran out on the ship it was a fight to the death for oxygen packs, teammate or not.

Keith and the team were able to get you out in time before your oxygen ran out. It was courageous save that lead to the start of a relationship between you and him. There was just one teeny tiny problem... You were incredibly reckless, maybe even more so after the ship's attack... And maybe a little edgy as well...

...

Keith!" You snarled, throwing your training helmet off. "What was that?!" You demanded.

"I don't know! Maybe a small favour or sign of positive interaction!" Keith shouted.

"I was fine on my own" You snarled, standing right in front of his face.

"Oh really?" Keith questioned.

"If you hadn't have stepped in when you did I could have had a clear shot at the Guardian's neck!" You growled.

"If I hadn't stepped in you would have been beheaded!" Keith sighed, tired of arguing... Again.

"Keith" You sighed. "I'm fine on my own" You repeated.

"Sometimes I doubt that" Keith blurted out.

"Oh really?" You asked, "And what makes you think that?"

"I don't know! Maybe a small 'accident' with Zarkon!" Keith snapped, referring to when you and Keith first met. You could never argue with that answer. You hated to admit it, but that time... If Keith and his friends hadn't stepped in... You would have died there and then.

"(y/n)" Keith said, "I am worried about you. You're reckless, stubborn, and irrational! It freaks me out sometimes." You stayed silent unsure of how to fight against Keith. You and Keith were both tired of getting on each other's nerves and lately, you've been regretting your decision to be with him; maybe he wasn't the right one. You turned and left without another word, agonizing Keith again.

Keith's POV

(Y/n) left without saying anything or replying. It gets me so upset to have her just leave without saying sorry or anything! What kind of girl behaves like that?! I scrunched my fists into a ball and decided to call it a day.

I walked over to my room and dumped my training gear on my bed. "Why are girls so hard?" I sighed, covering my face with my hands.