Puerto Rico Flashback #1: Beach Day

July 4th, 2019 - San Juan, Puerto Rico
Matt's POV: As I walked down the beach in San Juan while holding Gabby's hand, I smiled as I turned to look at her roommates and some of our fellow CFD team members. They were both paramedics but...I've become great friends with them considering they are looking out for my girl while she's down here. It's nice to know that someone has her back. "I swear, I better not screw up this time. I thought I had that wave." Gabby then looked at me while carrying a bag. "Remember, you are only surfing until I am done tanning. Then, we are in the water. Either that or beach volleyball. I haven't decided yet." I smiled when she said that. "Wow, that's shocking."

Gabby then turned to look at me. "What's that supposed to mean?" I then looked at her. "Gabby, you make decisions very quickly normally...so I am a little surprised that you haven't made your mind up yet. Just like you haven't said yes to that Chicago Fundraiser this November. How have you not said yes yet? Babe, you would be able to come home for a couple nights and see everybody instead of just seeing me. And we would get to celebrate our 3rd anniversary together in the same city instead of having to do it over video chat. Just think about that." Gabby smiled when I said that before going to kiss me softly. "Fine, I am coming. Book us a hotel."

I smiled when she said that before going to kiss her again. "Finally, some progress on Mrs. Indecisive Casey." Gabby then laughed and went to push me away. "Shut up. Now, go surf before I decide that last night was your only time in bed with me for a while." I smiled at her. "Who said I was surfing right away? First, I need to put sunscreen on you." Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "Maybe we can just have fun together and then play some beach volleyball with Anna and Isaac. Then, when me and Anna want to tan...you guys can go surfing." Turning to look at Isaac, I nodded and liked that idea. "Works for us." He then went to sit with Anna.

Meanwhile, Gabby went to lay down on her towel and I smiled when I went to sit down next to her in the sand. Grabbing some sunscreen, I went to put some on my hands before moving to sit on her butt. "Oh, that's sexy babe." I smiled when she said that before going to put my hands on her back. Running my hands around her body, I smiled as I went to lean down and kissed her back quickly because I wanted to tease her. "God, that was a nice surprise." I smiled when she said that before going to undo her bikini top to get her entire back. That's when Anna looked at us. "Listen, we are going to get in the water. You take some time alone."

I nodded when they said that and smiled. "Okay, you guys have fun." Gabby then looked at me. "Here, get under me and I can lay down on your chest while we relax on the sand." I nodded and agreed, moving off of her and then went to lay down on the ground. Feeling her move onto my chest, Gabby smiled and looked down into my eyes. "So, just curious...I still can't convince you to move down here yet can I?" I sighed when she said that. "Babe, I am on track to become Chief of Firehouse 51...you know that has been my dream. I am not sure if I want to give this up. However, I will if it comes down to that or our marriage."

Gabby looked at me when I said that and smiled, bending down to kiss me softly while rubbing my chest. "Matt, I love you and I promise that I am trying okay? It's just getting harder everyday that you aren't here. I miss you and sometimes...I just wish you could see that I need you here too." I sighed when she said that and nodded. "Gabby, I am getting close...I really am. I want to tell you that. I am getting close to coming down to be here. I just need a bit more time, I promise." Gabby then nodded when I said that. "Whatever it takes to get you down here. Then, we can make an appointment with that doctor. Matt please..."

I then sighed. "Hey, I said that I was thinking about coming down to be here with you. Gabby, I said nothing about a baby okay? Gabby, my mind hasn't changed when it comes to that. Remember what I told you...we have to do this as a team. If you get pregnant, sure I will reconsider but...we can't try. Just know that doesn't mean we are not going to make love whenever we are in town." Gabby smiled when I said that. "I wouldn't expect anything less." Gabby kissed me and just smiled as I held her close. "I love you Matt and I don't care what we do. Just know that I want you in my life forever."

I sighed when she said that. "Be honest with me Gabby, there must've been times where you thought about giving up. I know you are mad I didn't come permanently. I know you are really happy here but..." Gabby then shook her head. "Matt, you are the love of my life and my husband. I want to be your wife forever." I smiled when she said that. "And that is exactly why we never divorced. We are going to be married forever, I can already see it." Gabby smiled when I said that before going to lay her head down on my chest. Rubbing her back as I held her in my arms, I went to kiss her forehead and just smiled as I enjoyed some time with my girl.

That's when I remembered something. "You said that there was a specialist down here right?" Gabby nodded. "Yeah, why?" I then smiled at her. "What do you say we at least get a second opinion? I think that might help us. We never got a second opinion. Gabby, I am not promising anything but...if there is something that can make it healthier then, maybe I will change my mind. At the end of the day, as long as you are safe...that's all that matters. I am really getting there. I think I was just scared babe. Can I just think about it more." Gabby nodded and smiled at me as I went to kiss her again, just holding her close.