Chapter 225

Matt's POV: After spending the past hour making love to Gabby, I smiled because we were now in the middle of just holding each other close and taking a nap. That's when I started to feel Gabby move in my arms. She just rolled over to face away from me and I wasn't happy. I liked to wake up whether it be first thing in the morning or from a nap to the sight of my beautiful wife looking at me. Rubbing her hip as she woke up, I went to kiss her back softly. "You enjoy that bit of fun?"

Smiling when I asked her that question, I already knew her answer even before she said it. "Of course I did. Sure, the timing might not have been the best but there is nothing like getting some of my amazing husband's love in bed when I didn't even know I need it the most." I smiled when she said that before going to kiss her back again. "Just know that I am always going to be here for you...whenever you need me, come see me at the house or call me to tell me to come home."

Rolling over in my arms, Gabby sighed when I said that. "Matt, when you are chief...you aren't going to be able to come home whenever you want. You are going to be in charge of a lot of people's lives...that means you are going to have to stay there and keep our friends safe." I nodded when she said that before feeling her put her hand on my cheek. "I am going to come in though. I know we are in a pandemic but, I don't care. I want to be there with you every day."

I smiled when she said that and agreed with her. "Believe me when I say this babe, there is nowhere I would rather have you when we are on shift. I love the idea of you and Louie come with me to the firehouse every shift. We will make sure that the firehouse is safe. I will look into things that can purify the air and make sure that we can keep both you and Louie safe." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Honestly, I think that's a great idea. Why don't we have those yet?"

I laughed when she said that and smiled at her. "Listen, I know we are still grieving but...we both know that I need to get into the chief mindset and there are some things I am going to want to change. You think maybe we can talk about them? I want to have you hear about them and then maybe I can get your opinion on them? I mean, you are a firefighter and you worked at Firehouse 51. You of all people are going to know if my ideas are good ideas or if they are bad ideas."

Gabby smiled when I said that before going to put her hand on my cheek. "Honestly, I think that sounds great. You are going to need time to work this out. And as much as I hate the idea of having to give up precious...sexy intimate time with the man I love, I know that you need to get ready and get into the mindset of being Battalion chief." I smiled when she said that. "If you want, we can stay here in bed just wearing our underwear?" Gabby then laughed. "Nope."

I smiled and nodded. "We are going to take a walk outside later okay? We don't have Louie and we can just do something together. Or maybe we can go to Molly's. Wait, weren't they going there after the funeral?" I then thought about it and went to go grab my phone. I decided to send a text to Hermann. 'Hey, is the firehouse gathered at Molly's right now?'  Hermann then texted her back pretty quick. 'Yeah. We are doing free supper. Just our shift are here this time though.'

Gabby then turned to look at me. "It would just be our friends." Putting her hand on my cheek, Gabby then whispered to me. "Think we can go or do you want to do this?" Gabby then went to kiss me softly and smiled. "All I wanted is for you to rest for a bit. I think it might be a good idea for us to go. I need to hang out with them a bit before they see me as their boss. You know what I mean right? I don't want them to stop thinking of me as their friend, I want to be that first."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "We are going to spend a few hours there okay? We can have supper. I am not cooking. I am going to wear sweats though. But, can you go start the shower for me? I want to take one before we leave....I don't want to smell like sex." I laughed when she said that before going to kiss her softly. "You wouldn't smell like sex, you would smell like me giving you a whole bunch of love. Now, I will go start the shower. Don't be long." Gabby smiled.

Getting up, I went to go grab my towel before walking away to the washroom so that I could start the shower as we got ready to go out with our friends for the night.