Chapter 238

Matt's POV: After making me and Gabby some breakfast, I smiled when I saw her come downstairs in some sweats. "I thought I was coming upstairs?" Gabby then looked at me. "I think it might be better for me if we just stay down here for a bit. Up there, it smells like sex and that make me feel guilty how I hid it from you last night." I nodded when she said that before going to walk over to her. "Listen, we all grieve in our own way. You needed to deal with it on your own for a night and that's okay...I understand okay babe? Plus, I was in jail." Gabby then sighed.

Kissing the top of her head as I went to wrap my arms around her, I just held her close and watched as she rubbed my back. "Listen, I am here for you...whatever you need, I am here for you okay? Just ask me and I am going to get it for you." Gabby nodded when I said that. She then looked up at me and smiled. "I am going to go sit on the couch okay? Come join me with breakfast?" I nodded when she said that. "Want to start with the family and then do our friends? Oh by the way, you are coming to my shift. I don't care if you want to stay here. I want you there."

Gabby nodded when I said that while sitting down on the couch. "Listen, I want to say sorry for being so pushy when it comes to that. I don't want to do that." Grabbing our plates of food, I then walked over to Gabby in the living room. "Matt, just take a breather. I already said I wanted to come. I want to be with you during the shift because I am still grieving. Me being there with you is going to be the best thing for me because it'll mean that I can see you whenever I want." I smiled when she said that before going to sit down with her and kissing her shoulder.

"Let's give Antonio a call and eat breakfast okay?" I nodded when she said that. "Think your sister slept over last night?" I laughed when she said that. "We'll find out won't we?" Gabby nodded and then went to grab her phone to call Antonio. Putting it on speaker, she went to wait for Antonio to answer when he did. "Hey sis, what's up?" Gabby then went to speak to him. "Uhm, is Matt's sister there or did you break up?" Antonio sighed when she said that. "Matt, I know you said that you wanted us to break up but..." I then agreed. "Antonio, I was just mad."

Christie then spoke up. "Good, because we both know you can't tell me what to do." I agreed with her. "Except in this case. You guys need to shut up because we have some uhm...sad news." Gabby then went to grab my hand. "You want to tell them?" I nodded when Antonio spoke up. "Everything okay sis?" I sighed when he said that. "So listen, Gabby not coming to bail us out last night was not just because she was mad. It was because she was grieving." Antonio then got concerned. "What do you mean?" I then sighed. "We lost one of the boys."

Grabbing my hand, Gabby just rubbed it and held me close. I then went to kiss her head while rubbed her back. "I am so sorry Matt and Gabby, how are you guys doing?" I sighed when my sister asked me that. "I just learned this morning and honestly, it's hard but...we'll get through it. We are still going to have 2 amazing biological children and we already have Louie. So, our dream of having 3 kids is still going to be there. Honestly, we are good I think right Gabby?" Gabby nodded when I said that. "Yeah, and this is going to be easier on us."

Antonio then decided to make light of the situation. "So, which one did you loose? Matt's ego-boosting baby boy or the other one?" Gabby and me both looked at each other and I couldn't help but smile a bit. "I hate that I am actually laughing at that." Gabby nodded. "It's okay. I am positive that Matthew James Casey, Jr. won't mind that you are laughing at the fact that we lost his brother." Antonio then laughed. "Of course, you keep the name that doesn't honor you dead friend." I then thought about it and then looked at Gabby. 

Gabby then went to grab my hand again and rubbed my hand. "Do you want to change it or..." I nodded when she said that. "But instead of Andrew Matthew....we can do Andrew Wallace." Gabby then shook her head when I said that. "Let's keep it Matthew James Casey, Jr. I like the idea of you having a namesake. It's cute and he will be named after the toughest firefighter I've ever met." I nodded and smiled when she said that before going to kiss her softly. "I love you." Gabby smiled and agreed with me as she went to grab another bite.

Antonio then laughed. "Of course. Just remember Gabby, you can change his name until the baby is born." I then sighed. "Antonio, shut up before I get mad at you for lying to me about how you and my sister didn't really break up." Antonio agreed with me when I said that. "You guys want to get together again today?" I shook my head. "Unfortunately, I have to do something today." Gabby then turned to look at me when I said that. "What's that?" I then went to grab her hand and sighed. "We need to take apart a third of everything we set up for the babies."

Looking at me when I said that, Gabby just grabbed my hand and sighed. "Is it okay that I want to cry at that fact even though we agreed that this was going to be easier on us?"