Chapter 179

Matt's POV: After having a nice supper with Gabby and Louie in bed, I was now in the middle of holding Louie in my arms after getting him changed for bed. We were looking outside his bedroom window since it was snowing and he was really enjoying watching the snowflakes fall. Kissing his head, I just smiled at him and then went to rub his back. "You have a good day today buddy?" Louie then looked at me and nodded. I then went to kiss his forehead again. "You are happy to be home aren't you buddy?" Louie nodded again as I just held him close. 

I then smiled and just kept him close when I heard Gabby come downstairs to his room. "You sure you are going to be okay with keeping him down here? You are cuddling up to him a lot more than I am." Turning around to look at her, I smiled before going to grab her hand. "I am just enjoying holding my son in my arms. I am not going to get as much quality time with him once the triplets are born. I am going to want to be with you and them." Gabby nodded when I said that. "No regrets right?" I then went to grab her hand when she said that. "Hey, never."

Gabby smiled when I said that before going to look at Louie. "You getting tired buddy?" Louie nodded and then looked at her, reaching out for her. Gabby then went to grab him and smiled as she held him close, kissing his head. "You like it when we hold you eh little man?" Louie nodded as he went to put his fingers in his mouth. I smiled when he did that before going to kiss his head. "You know we love you right buddy? You are always going to be our son." Louie nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "I know daddy." I smiled when he said that.

"You want mommy or daddy to read you a bedtime story?" Louie then looked at Gabby and smiled at her. "Mommy." I nodded and agreed with him. "Listen, I am going to say goodnight and then you can read to him okay Gabby?" Gabby nodded as she went to go find a book to read to Louie. Meanwhile, I went to sit on his bed with him in my lap and I smiled at him. Kissing his head, I smiled and whispered to him. "You have a good day?" Louie nodded when I said that. "Well, we are going to have another great one tomorrow. I promise." Louie smiled as he hugged me.

I then went to lay him down and smiled as I went to tuck him in. Rubbing his cheek, I just looked at him before bending down and kissing his forehead. "Now, when mommy says it's night time..." He nodded and agreed. "I remember daddy." I smiled when he said that before going to tickle him a bit. He laughed and smiled. However, Gabby was not happy when I did that. "You going to be the one to stay awake with him if he can't sleep tonight?" I then turned to look at her. "Right, sorry." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Now, go upstairs. I'm reading."

I agreed and nodded before getting up and looking at Louie. "See you tomorrow okay buddy?" Louie nodded and agreed with me. "I'll be upstairs." Gabby nodded and agreed with me, watching me walk away before going to sit on the bed. Standing at the doorway, I smiled as I turned to watch her read to him because it was an adorable sight that I haven't seen in a while. And I was glad to see it again. After taking one last look, I went to walk away so that I could make my way upstairs to bed.