Chapter 176

Matt's POV: After bringing the family back upstairs, I smiled when I finished getting changed into my sweats. It was pretty much all I wore now since it was really comfortable. Looking at Gabby as she sat in bed, I was confused when I didn't see Louie. "Where's Louie?" Gabby then looked at me when she pointed to my side of the bed. Looking at him, I saw he was asleep. "No nap yet?" Gabby then shook her head. "Should we move him to his bedroom downstairs?" I shook my head. "No, need I can go downstairs instead." Gabby then looked at me. "To do what?"

Looking at Gabby, I went to grab my phone from my side table. "I still have to set up my office." Gabby then sighed but understood. "You haven't set it up to the screen yet." I nodded and agreed with her. "I am just using my laptop and it's not easy. I have to set it up if I have to work next week. I bought that second monitor to put the scene pictures on so, I am not going to be able to let Louie in much. They are not sending me any paper material...it's all digital." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "I am going to help you okay? You get bonuses if you go fast."

Gabby nodded when I said that. "By the way, thanks for doing the 3 bedrooms on the second floor. That's not easy to do." I smiled when she said that. "This place was renovated. The couple that owned it before us had 3 kids. This used to be the attack." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Of course. Now, how about you go get to work? If you can do a case right now, go ahead." I then smiled when she said that before heading downstairs to my office so that I could go set up my office. After walking down, I went to walk in and smiled because I already had everything.

Going to grab the second monitor that I had in there, I went to put it on the desk and then found the attachment that I was going to use. I then smiled when I saw the screws came with it and it was going to be quite easy. Going to get my drill (I was using this as storage for when we did the nurseries)...I then went to close the door before grabbing the screen brackets. Going to hang them up, I found it was really easy. Heck, maybe I'll be able to get some stuff done on the laptop if it goes really easy. Nothing like getting ready ahead of time. That is what they want.

Hanging up the brackets, I then went to grab the monitors since that was the next step. I was just glad they weren't expensive. Gabby would've flipped had they been really expensive. I then went to put the brackets on the back of them before grabbing the plugs. I thought this was going to take longer but...this was so easy. However, it was going much faster when I had the instructions. Heck, I am going to do this when I am back at the firehouse. Sorry CFD but, I am done with the paper shift. C'mon...let's keep the waste down and save the planet.

Hanging both of the monitors up, I laughed because of how simple that was. It probably took me 15 minutes at the most. Going to put my tools away, I decided not to waste this opportunity and decided to set up my office and do a bit of work. Might as well adjust it so that it was how I liked it. And maybe I might even put some pictures in here. This was going to be my office for the rest of my life and I was going to keep my laptop set up. I was going to talk to Chief to let me work from home as much as possible. Heck, maybe I'll just stay at OFI until he retires. We'll see.