Chapter 149

Back in Present Time - Chicago
Gabby's POV:
As I finished talking with Matt about some of the memories we had from there, I felt him rub my stomach while sitting on his bed with me. Leaning his forehead against mine, he just kissed me softly. "And now look where we are...we are expecting triplets. I am so sorry I didn't say yes back then. Heck, maybe if I did...we would be parents my now. Or we would be much closer." I smiled when he said that. "Matt, don't question that this was the right move okay? We did it this way because it was faith...so please just relax with that okay?"

Matt nodded when I said that before looking into my eyes. I then decided to lay down in his arms more and just rubbed his chest. Kissing my forehead, Matt smiled at me when he heard Chief at his door. "Sorry if I am interrupting." Matt then shook his head. "Not anymore...we were just thinking back to my trip to Puerto Rico last summer." Chief nodded and smiled at us. "You guys are just going to stay in here most of the day aren't you guys?" I sighed when he asked us that. "Sorry Chief...the reason I am here is so that Matt is calm and so am I. It's health."

He agreed and smiled when I said that. "Of course, we want the health of those kids to be the first priority. Now, I know this might be weird but...think I can..." Me and Matt both laughed when he said that. "Of course Chief. Come meet the future of Firehouse 51." He smiled when I said that before going to sit down next to us. He was about to touch me when Matt stopped him. "Actually Chief...can you go wash your hands first? Sorry, I know but..." Boden then thought about it and understood. And honestly, so did I. "Matt, relax. That's the right move. It's not you."

Matt sighed when I said that. "I should wash my hands more too since it's flu season but...I think it's just so hard to resist touching and kissing his bump." Matt then moved down the bed a bit more and lifted up my shirt before kissing my bump softly. "Hi babies, you be good for mommy today." I smiled when he did that before going to push his chin up to kiss him softly. Chief then looked at us both. "I will be right back okay?" We both nodded and agreed with him, ready to let him touch his future honorary grandchildren.

5 Minutes Later when Boden is back:
Boden's POV:
As I came back to Matt's office, I smiled at the two of them. "I promise, I washed them." Matt nodded when I said that and smiled. "I believe you Chief." I smiled and then went to sit down next to the two of them. "So, there's three in there?" Gabby nodded when I said that. "I Know, I am just as shocked as you are based on how little I am for being pregnant with triplets." I smiled when she said that. "Yeah, it's going to be tough on your guys. Matt just to let you know, you take however long you need when it comes to paternity leave."

Matt smiled when I said that. "Chief, you have no idea how much that means to us. I think I will definitely take you up on that offer considering it's triplets. If I could take a year...I honestly think I will, especially considering how long we've wanted this. I don't want to miss a minute of it. I am actually going to be off a couple weeks before our scheduled C-Section as well. I just want to be ready. The later we get in the pregnancy, I keep getting scared." Gabby then turned to look at him. "Matt, you have nothing to be scared about. You are going to be an amazing dad."

Matt smiled when she said that before going to kiss her softly. Gabby just leaned her forehead against his when he was about to kiss her again until the bells went off. Matt then looked at her and gave her one last kiss. "Chief, he doesn't go into the fire. Sorry Matt, I changed my mind!" Matt nodded and agreed with Gabby as he went to grab his radio and his jacket. "Boden, let's get in your Jeep and off to work." I nodded and agreed with him as we both ran off. "Let's just figure this out. This is going to be weird working it together, us both on the outside." Matt nodded and agreed. "You just tell me what to do." Matt nodded and agreed with me as we left.