Chapter 274

Jay's POV: After letting Natalie out, I smiled as me and Erin made our way into the bedroom where we would be relaxing for a bit. (I called Hank and told him the news we just got at our last appointment and he told us to take the day.) Walking over to the bed, I smiled when I saw Erin running her hands up and down her stomach. Bending down to kiss it softly as I went to join Erin in bed, I just smiled while looking at her. "Twins, god...this is incredible." Erin smiled when I said that and nodded as she watched me get in bed. Tugging the covers up, I kissed her softly.

Erin then smiled as she put her hand on my abs before kissing me too. She then looked into my eyes. "I am still in shock right now. But more importantly, I am shocked that you even brought up us eloping." I then nodded, realizing I did that. "I guess it was just bad timing. I have been thinking of it for a while anyways. I am just tired of waiting to make you mine." That's when I felt Champ move to lay down next to us in bed. Going to rub his head, I smiled and then watched him roll over onto his back. "God, you are just one spoiled little brat aren't you?"

Erin then looked up at me. "Did you just call me a brat?" Looking down at her, I shook my head. "No, not you. I am taking about Champ. And yes, I let him out while I was down there." Erin nodded when I said that. "Good, because the deal was that you would clean up after him if he ever went to the bathroom either on our bed or anywhere in the house." I nodded and agreed with her before kissing her again. "Listen, I want to talk about something I brought up downstairs okay?" Going to grab her hand, I went to intertwine our fingers.

Erin nodded when I said that. "You are talking about the eloping thing." I sighed and nodded. "I know it was out of the blue but...it's actually been something I have been thinking about a lot recently." I then went to kiss her hand before going to put her hand on my chest again. I then watched as Erin ran her hand down my chest. "Erin, right now...in the eyes of the law, I am a nobody." Erin was confused when I said that. "What are you talking about Jay? You are not a nobody...you are a decorated military veteran who has the battle scars to show it."

I nodded when she said that. "I mean when it comes to you and me. Yes, I am your fiancé and the father of your child but...if something happens to you, I have no say whatsoever when it comes to your medical treatment. Doesn't that sound wrong Erin? The man who loves you with his entire heart, the father of your child and the man who knows you the best doesn't have any say. What if you got into a car accident and they needed to get consent to do an operation that could maybe save your life...wouldn't you want me to be the one to give it right away?"

Erin sighed when I said that because she knew I was right. "God, why must you be so right when it comes to this. I am just scared Jay...what happens if we decide to break up again. We are going to be married and..." Pushing her head up after she looked down, I shook my head and then went to kiss her softly. "I am never letting you go babe. You are my whole world, the love of my life and there is nobody I would rather have the title Mrs. Jay Halstead." Erin then smiled when I said that and I could tell she was starting to think about it. Kissing her head, I smiled.

"Mr. and Mrs. Jay and Erin Halstead." Erin nodded when I said that. "I am actually thinking of dropping the Lindsay. If I keep Lindsay, I feel attached to Bunny and my criminal father." I agreed when she said that. "God, are we really thinking of doing this?" I nodded and went to kiss her forehead, smiling the entire time. I then decided to check the time and smiled. "We have time to go right now if you want to." Erin smiled when I said that. "God, you are dead man walking if Hank finds out." I nodded and agreed with her. "Can't kill me, I'm your husband."

Erin then looked at me and sat up. "Get dressed, we're going out." I looked at her when she said that. "Where we going?" Erin then smirked as she walked away to get dressed. "Where do you think?" I then agreed with her and jumped out of bed, ready to go make her my wife.

Note: I am going to concentrate on Jay & Erin for a while since they are now Mr. and Mrs. Halstead. I will go back to the firehouse soon, I promise.