Chapter 189

Meanwhile, across town with Jay Halstead:
Jay's POV: As I stand in the kitchen of me and Erin's apartment, I sigh considering she is still trying to talk me out of going out. But, I want and have to go out because I need to talk to Matt. He is the only one I can go for this because he probably knows what it's like to propose to a pregnant woman. I mean, I think he proposed to Gabby last time when she was pregnant. God, I forget. I am just trying to figure out how in the world to do this. Can't talk to Hank...heck he said that the only reason he gave me his blessing is because Erin is pregnant so, I need to do this perfectly. I can't make a mistake. I mean, I could talk to my brother but...he's busy at the hospital with the pandemic. God, this is going to be so stressful. I am just glad Antonio is on my side.

Coming out to the kitchen wearing a tight dress, I just stared at Erin. "Wow, you still look great. You could honestly never tell that you are 6 weeks pregnant." Erin then looked at me. "Still don't get how you convinced Hank that this was a good idea." I sighed and looked at her. "Babe, I want to talk to another dad who is our age. Sure, Antonio and my brother could help but...they aren't objective. They are going to tell me what I want to hear. Matt is going to give me the honest opinion. Plus, admit it...you wouldn't mind meeting their son." Erin then laughed when I said that. "By the way, I still think that this is going to be a boy. Don't even say anything about it being a girl because if you do...this might be our only child." I laughed when she said that.

"Sure, because you are going to stop wanting to have sex with me once our kid is born." Erin then smiled when I said that before walking over to me. Putting her hands on my neck, she went to kiss me softly. "You got me there. I don't think I will ever be able to resist you." Erin then went to wrap her arms around me and smiled as she went to kiss my neck softly. "Later?" I then nodded and agreed with her as I turned my head. "As long as we don't run into Hank...then he'll be really mad at me for letting you out of the house." Erin laughed when I said that. "Don't worry, I already cleared it with him. I told him I want to get out. Sorry but, this girl needs air. I can't stay in here where it stinks all the time." Erin then went to grab the car keys from me.

I shook my head when she did that. "Nope, hand those over miss. You do not get to drive my pickup truck. First of all because we are still working from that deal from before you left. Second of all, you are pregnant and nobody is going to ruin this for us. Believe me, if you were driving and something happened...Hank would still blame me. So sorry babe but, you're stuck in the passenger's seat for your pregnancy." Erin then looked at me and shrugged, knowing that was true. "I hate saying this but you are totally right when it comes to that. I already know that Hank would definitely do that to you...he is too protective of me." I laughed and nodded when she said that before walking to the door with her so that I could lead her out. That's when I saw Will.

"Will, what are you doing here?" He then saw Erin was there and went to hide something he had to give to me. "Oh, I was just coming to see if you had something I forgot here last time I came over." He then looked at me because I already knew what he had. Erin just laughed when he did that. "I am going to go outside. And Jay, you can stop hiding the fact that you are going to propose to me. Adam already told me that you have plans to do so." I then turned to look at Erin. "He what now?" Erin then went to kiss me softly and smiled. "Is that why we are going out?" I then bit my lip. "No, not yet. But he told you...when?" Erin then laughed. "Listen, you want me to stay here instead of us going out?" I sighed when she asked me that. "No, come with me."

Erin nodded and agreed. "I am going outside. I am going to sit in the passenger seat. I promise, I can hang out with Gabby while you and Matt talk about how you are going to propose to me." I nodded when she said that before watching her walk away. Swaying her hips as she walked away, I couldn't help but be turned on. "YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THAT LATER!" Erin smiled when I said that and nodded as she turned to look at me. "Just get the ring and then let's get going. I want to talk to Gabby about how her pregnancy is going." I nodded and agreed with her before looking at Will as I went to get it from him. "Listen, you sneak out. I am going to go hide it while I make a phone call." Will then looked at me. "You're going to call..." I nodded. "Adam."

Going to grab my phone, I then went to look up Ruzek's number and went to call him. "Ruzek." I then just shook my head before yelling at him. "YOU RUINED MY PROPOSAL SURPRISE!" Adam then got scared when he heard me yell that. "Erin promised she wouldn't say anything." I groaned when he said that. "Just for that, I am telling Burgess that you still want to be with her and that you are still hung up on her." Ruzek got scared when I said that and went to hang up. Meanwhile, Erin looked at me. "You seriously don't have to tell her...the entire unit knows." I nodded when she said that. "Exactly, that means she knows it too. I just said that so he gets off his ass and tells her that he wants her back. Just like you should do with Natalie!"

Walking away to go to the car, Erin smiled when I said that. I then looked at Will and just went to hug him. "Thanks for the ring." He agreed when I said that. "By the way, I am not getting Natalie back. She's with this Dr. Marcel Crockett." Jay nodded when I said that. "I said I was sorry right?" Will nodded and smiled at me. "At least you can try and get married with mom's ring this time." I agreed and smiled when he said that. "I already know she's going to say yes so...I am just going to ask you this ahead of time. Will you be my best man?" Will then laughed when I said that and went to hug me. "Hey, of course I will." I smiled when he said that. "Now, you need to get back to the hospital and stay safe! By the way, you didn't come right here on your lunch break right?"

Will then looked at me when I said that. "Uhm..."