Chapter 155

An hour later, back at the firehouse as Matt sits in his office while eating lunch:
Matt's POV: Just going over that call, I keep thinking about what just happened. Why did Boden have to let me handle that call on my own? Why didn't I do more? What does that mean for Louie? God, who is going to tell him that his father is dead? How is he going to feel when he learns that the man he called 'daddy' for a while didn't save him when he could? Do I even deserve to be a father when I didn't save another father from suicide. And now, he wants me to take him in? God, can we even do this...how fast would it be? Can we do 4 kids even?

That's when I felt Gabby walk in behind me and went to rub my shoulders. "Hey, hard call?" I then looked at her and sighed while watching her sit in my bed. "Yeah, it was a really hard call. Full of emotions. Some horrible thoughts and stuff. I had to try and save a man I had hatred yet compassion for." Gabby was confused when I said that. "Are you okay with sharing the victim?" I sighed when she asked me that and then looked at her. She had to know about what he said too. God, she would love this...or would she. What would she think about it? Us his parents?

Gabby then looked at me and knew that I was thinking hard about something. "Can you share who the victim was?" I then looked at her and sighed while bending forward. "It was Louie's dad." Gabby then stared at me when I said that. "What?" I then went to put my head in my hands. "God, the whole way back...all I thought was how I just failed the boy I called my son. The boy I thought was going to be our son. By the way, apparently...he became a bad dad and he's back under Tina's care." Gabby then looked at me. "God, that is horrible. I feel so bad..."

I then bit my lip. Now to share the other news. "We talked and I tried to get him not to jump but...while we were talking he said something that I know you are going to have mixed feelings about." Gabby then looked at me, not understanding. "His dying wish was that we apply to be his parents again." Gabby then just went silent and I knew why...that was hard. I then just looked at her and when to sit next to her. Rubbing her back, I went to kiss her head. "Gabby, promise we aren't going to jump the gun okay? We really have to think about this." Gabby then shook her head. "What is there to think about Matt? Of course we are going to take him in."

I then sighed when she said that. "Gabby, just think about this first...can we handle triplet babies as well as a toddler? Can we afford it?" Gabby then went to grab my hand and looked at me. "Matt, you also have to look at it this way...this was his dying wish. Can we really just look past it and not go ahead and do it for him?" I sighed and looked at her before going to kiss her forehead softly. "It would be our dream come true. And we would have another hand around the house to help with the triplets." Gabby then went to put her hand on my neck. "God, this is crazy." 

NOTE #1: I am doing a time jump next chapter to when Matt and Gabby have Louie back. However, note that he is going to be the same age as he was on the show when he was still on the show. He was 2 back then so...he is going to be that age again.

NOTE #2: Also, they are going to be in the middle of the pandemic so Matt and Gabby are no longer working at the firehouse. Instead, Matt is going to be working from home as an arson investigator at OFI. And speaking of homes...

NOTE #3: Matt and Gabby now live in a 4 bed, 3 bath home with 3 floors. There's a master bedroom, 3 kids rooms (2 babies will share) and on the main floor, a kitchen and living room.

NOTE #4: Gabby is now on bedrest as she is now 15 weeks pregnant.