Chapter 162

Matt's POV: After going to get Louie and Gabby, I smiled when we were all downstairs and ready to head into the garage. Louie was already wearing his winter coat while Gabby was wearing hers and carrying a blanket. I was going to hold Louie in my lap while we all sat underneath the blanket. "Think we should offer one to Christie and Violet?" Gabby then turned to look at me and nodded. "Grab the one from the couch. Now, Louie isn't wearing a mask so...they can't get close to him. Sorry but, I am not taking any chances since we just got him back." I nodded and agreed.

"Hey, you don't have to explain it okay? I wasn't going to let them get close anyways because you are also immunocompromised, you are pregnant after all." Gabby smiled when I said that before going to walk out to the garage with me. Putting my mask on, I smiled at my sister and Violet. "Looks like you guys found a place to sit easily." Violet just looked at me. "Not that I like sitting 6 feet apart." I then sighed and just looked at Violet. "We are going to explain this. We have more information than you guys when it comes to this. And don't argue with me on that."

Christie then looked at me when I said that. "Okay, how?" I then laughed. "I am a fire captain. I have all the protocols in a binder. They have all the scientific reasons for the protocols." She then looked at me and nodded. "Okay, that makes sense that you would know that." I smiled and nodded. "Oh, and I have like 5 friends that doctors." Gabby then turned to look at me. "Who?" I then laughed. "Will Halstead and 4 of Hallie's friends." Gabby then looked at me. "That doesn't mean they were your friends." I then sighed. "They were going to be in my bridal party so..."

Violet then looked at me when I said that. "Okay, can you remind me who Hallie is again?" I then sighed and looked at her. "You remember that doctor I was engaged to?" Violet then nodded. "Right, sorry uncle Matt." I then nodded and agreed. "I am over it. I have someone much better." Gabby smiled when I said that and went to grab my hand. "You are too sweet." My sister then went to say something quite inappropriate. "Yeah, just looking for brownie points now that you guys have all this free time on your hands." I then went to cover Louie's ears. "Christie!"

Louie then looked at me. "Daddy, what's wrong?" I then went to kiss his head and smiled. "Nothing's wrong. Your aunt Christie just said something that was not appropriate for you to hear." Louie then looked at them confused. "Which is aunt Christie?" I then smiled at him. "The one with the blond hair...that's Daddy's sister, aunt Christie. Can you say hi aunt Christie?" Louie then nodded and turned his head to look at her. "Hi aunt Chrisie." Christie then looked at me. "That's what you call close enough?" I sighed when she said that. "He's not even 2 yet!"

Christie then nodded and understood. "Okay, no need to get all snappy about it." I sighed and looked at her. "Sorry, just really stressed and tired recently." Christie then sighed when I said that. "You get the nursery ready yet?" I bit my lip. "It's almost ready. Honestly, it's hard enough when I also have to take care of Louie." Christie didn't like the sound of that. "Matt, Gabby can help too. She isn't a china doll." I was about to defend Gabby when she did it herself. "Actually, I am currently supposed to be on bedrest since I am pregnant with triplets remember?"

Violet smiled when she said that. "Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to babysit." I then shook my head. "You know Christie...if you have to work, I can always take her in and keep her safe here? I have an office on the second floor where I do my work. She can do her school work here." Gabby then smirked when I said that and went to grab my hand. "I would love that. But maybe not yet. I like having a little bit of time with just my two guys right now. After all, we are about to be outnumbered when it comes to gives." Christie nodded and laughed.

"Yeah, 4 against 2...crazy!" I then looked at Violet. "How's school going Vi? Is it weird not being at school with your classmates?" Violet nodded when I said that. "Yeah, but we are texting. Speaking of which...can I have my phone back now mom?" Christie then turned to look at her. "You want to come live here with your uncle during the pandemic?" Violet then got scared when my sister threatened that. "That's what I thought...do not ask that again when we are here to meet my new nephew and your new cousin. Stop being spoiled."

I was confused when she said that. "How is she acting spoiled right now?" Christie then laughed. "Had this happened when we were her age...we wouldn't have had phones, iPads or heck, quality computers to keep us entertained." I nodded when she said that. "Heck, we didn't even had high speed internet, we had dial up." Violet just looked confused when I said that. "Okay, what the heck is that?" I then laughed. "It's internet over the phone lines. You couldn't make a call when someone was on the computer."

Violet was shocked when I said that. "Wow, you guys really did live in the stone age." I laughed when she said that. "At least we had better shows than were on TV now. But god, I was just watching this...you remember Blue's Clues Violet?" Violet then laughed and nodded. "There's another cousin!" Violet was shocked when I said that. "Oh wow, that's a big family." I laughed and nodded. "He's addicted to it." Louie then smiled when I said that. Kissing the top of his head, I just held him close.

Louie then turned around and cuddled up to me more. "I really think he missed us eh Gabby?" Gabby nodded when I said that before going to rub her stomach. "Oh god, you guys really have to move now eh?" Gabby then went to get up and paced again so that her back didn't hurt. "What's that all about?" Gabby then spoke up. "Sometimes, the babies move a bit too much and it gets tight in there. Screws up her back. She hates it and has to have a lot of pillows. You want to sit on the couch down here after babe? The couch is better and you can spread out more."

Gabby nodded when I said that. "I think we should just stay down here during the day. Bring me down once and keep me down here. Then, we can go upstairs at night." I nodded when she said that. "We'll see...you always change your mind." Gabby sighed and nodded. "Listen, it was nice to see you Christie but...I am going to put some ice on my back. It hurts because I think I pulled something when I tried to help move." I then looked at her. "I told you not to help." Gabby then looked at me. "And I told you to stop being so condescending to keep getting attention."

Gabby then went to sit down again. "Actually, I think I am good for now." I nodded and agreed with her. "Hey guys, you want some water? I can get your guys some water bottles." Gabby then turned to look at me. "Can you go get ours too?" I nodded and agreed with her. "Christie?" Christie nodded and agreed with me. "Sure, it's dry in here." I then looked at Violet and she nodded. "Thanks uncle Matt." I then smiled when she said that before looking at Louie. "Louie, can you stay sitting in my chair while I go get some water for us all?" He nodded and smiled.

Louie then went to get in my chair and I smiled as I went to kiss his head. "I will be right back." Walking away inside, I smiled as I went to get us all some water.