Chapter 243

Meanwhile with Jay & Erin at their apartment:
Jay's POV: As I finish cleaning up the dishes we used for lunch, I sigh as I come back to the dining room to see Erin going over crime scene pictures on the weekend. "You do realize that they call it a weekend for a reason right?" Erin then looked up at me and sighed. "Babe, I already told you that I need to get vacation time back if you want to take a honeymoon after we get married. I ate up a whole bunch of it when I moved back here from FBI New York to FBI Chicago. By the way, still not leaving to go back to Intelligence yet. I have a nice job and they agreed I can stay here."

I then looked at her while going to sit down. "Erin, I already explained this. Why can't you come back to the CPD? Voight already cleared it with the Ivory tower and it would give me more piece of mind. Sure, your work knows that you are pregnant and they are allowing you to work from home as much as possible...but what if you have to go out on a raid? I wouldn't be there to have your back. Babe, just think about that. You don't think I worry about you when you go work with the FBI on raids? I worry about you a lot and I worry about our child. I want this babe."

Erin sighed when I said that before turning to look at me. "Can I at least finish this case and then we can revisit this conversation? Hank has offered me a spot but...I like these cases. They are more interesting." I nodded when she said that. "Fine but, if your bosses want you to travel you say no. Sorry but, that's my rule when it comes to this. You do not do anything that can possibly harm you or our child. I want to marry you next year and I want to have this little one." Putting my hand on her stomach, I smiled while going to kiss her softly. That's when I got a call.

Going to check my phone, I saw it was Matt Casey. I then went to answer and smiled. "Casey, what's up man? You calling to get an update on any of the cases we used your men for?" Casey then sighed and seemed sad when I asked him that. "Is Erin nearby? We would like to tell you guys some news." I nodded when he said that. "Yeah, she's right here." I then went to put him on speaker and looked at Erin. "Hey Matt, how are you guys?" Gabby then went to speak up. "Honestly, not the best. But this might benefit you guys." I was confused when she said that. 

"Okay, how would your news benefit us?" Matt then sighed when I asked him that. "We are calling people to let you all know that we have lost one of the triplets. One of our sons." I then just felt my heart drop for them. I knew that they lost a baby before and I just knew how hard this was on them. Well, I could imagine it with Erin being pregnant. "Gabby, I am so sorry you have to go through this. I am just lost for words. How are you doing?" Gabby sighed when Erin asked her that. "Honestly, I am just glad that it wasn't the entire pregnancy. That...." 

You could hear the pain in her voice when she just thought about it. If there was that much pain in her voice just when she told us the news that they lost one of the babies...imagine how she was actually feeling while she was trying to be strong. God, I just felt so bad for them. And the hard part, this is exactly why I am trying to get Erin to come back to the CPD...so we don't risk this. I hate to say this but, could this be the push Erin needs to actually come back to CPD? I am not going to push it but, I am not going to just ignore the fact that it might help me.

"Listen, we are not saying you need to do anything but...we want to offer you some clothes. We have some stuff that we aren't going to want. Let us..." I just stopped her when she said that. "Gabby, take a breather and relax okay? Don't even think about that yet. Right now, just concentrate on feeling better and getting through this. As much as we appreciate it, we are not going to talk about it until you have grieved. Please Gabby, don't feel pressured to have to do anything right now. Just do what you need to do and grieve this terrible loss."

Matt agreed with me when I said that. "Of course. Now, can you guys tell Hank for me that we are no longer having triplets? If I ever have to deal with him..." Erin then went to interrupt him. "Hey, of course Matt. We are your friends and I am positive that Antonio has already done it. But if he hasn't...I am going to call him as soon as we get off the phone." Matt agreed with her. "Thanks Erin. I appreciate that. I would just rather not have to hear the word triplets anymore." You could hear the pain in his voice the minute he said that word. He was taking this hard.

"Matt, we are here for you. If you ever need to talk or just go out for a bit...give me a call. I am friends with Antonio but, if you need to talk to someone outside the firehouse or your family...I am here for you okay? I want to be friends with you since we are in the same place as us. With us expecting a child, we can really rely on each other. Just hang in there and I will talk to my brother okay? I will see if he can help you guys out and just talk to you guys about your options when it comes to this." Gabby agreed with I said that. "Can you ask Natalie instead? It's just..."

Erin then spoke up. "Hey, of course. This is sensitive and you need a female doctor to do it. Now listen, you guys hang in there and know we are thinking of you. Send Antonio our love." She agreed when I said that. "I will. Talk later guys." We both nodded before going to hang up. I then went to set my phone down and turned to look at Erin. "Wow..." Erin nodded when I said that. "Think we can maybe go sit down and talk?" I nodded when she said that before going to get up so that we could talk a bit...I know that this was not the time but, we might talk about it.