Chapter 222

An Hour Later when Matt and the guys are at Firehouse 51:
Matt's POV: After giving Boden a final farewell at the cemetery, we all made our way back to the firehouse so that we could do Boden's celebration of life/funeral reception in the firehouse. Getting out of the truck, I saw Gabby speaking with Jay and Erin who decided not to come to the burial but did join us at the reception. Walking over to them, I smiled at Gabby. "You get any rest while I was at the cemetery?" Gabby then turned to look at me and sighed. "Sorry, I forgot to. I..."

Shaking my head, I just smiled at her before bringing her close. Kissing her softly, I smiled at her. "You call your mom recently to check on Louie?" Gabby nodded. "Yeah, I went home and checked on him on my way here." I smiled when she said that before going to put my hand on her back. "The burial went good. I have the location of the plot for when we want to introduce these three here to him." Gabby nodded when I said that. "By the way...we need to talk names." I was confused when she said that. "What do you mean?" Gabby then smiled when I said that.

"Andrew Wallace Casey." I then thought about it and smiled. "Okay, now that is a way better name than Andrew Daniel. I think it's just right." Gabby then smiled as she stepped close to me before kissing me softly. "By the way, I forgot to mention but...Heather and the boys are here. They are in the firehouse." I nodded when she said that. "Oh, I didn't see them at the funeral." Gabby smiled. "They got there late. But, I told them you would be back soon." I nodded and smiled. "C'mon, we can tell them that we are honoring Andy in our son's name."

Gabby nodded and smiled. "By the way, we need to eat after. Sorry, I am getting hungry." I nodded when she said that before going to grab her hand and leading her into the house so that we could go see Heather and the Darden boys. Walking in with Gabby, I smiled when I saw them sitting at the table looking at the pictures we have of Boden in photo albums. "This one has dad in it Ben!" I then smiled when I saw my godsons and walked over to them. "Well, if it isn't my future candidates. At least, I hope you come back to Chicago to work boys."

Ben and Griffin then turned to look at me and smiled. "Matt." I then went to go hug them and smiled at Heather. "Heather, how are you?" Walking over to her, I went to hug her and kissed her cheek. "I am sorry I almost missed the funeral. I know that I had to be here. Andy would've wanted me to be here." I nodded when she said that. "Yeah, it was weird not having him there today. But, I'm glad you're here. By the way, you obviously know Gabby." Gabby then went to hug Heather and smiled. "How are you Heather?" Heather than sighed. "I'm okay."

I nodded and agreed with her. "Wow, talk about pregnant." I laughed and agreed with her. "Triplets. 2 boys and a girl. Actually, we already have a son. His name is Louie. But, we are having 2 more. And I want to tell you this. One of our sons are going to be named after Andy." Heather was shocked when I said that. "Really?" I nodded and smiled when she asked. "Andrew Wallace Casey." That's when I heard Severide come in. "You are naming one of your sons after both Andy and Boden?" I nodded and smiled at him. "We just decided to change it. But, I still get Matt Jr."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "Oh and by the way, I want to tell you something else Heather." Heather than looked at me. "Guess who is the new Battalion Chief?" Heather then smiled when I said that and then hugged me. "Congratulations Matt. I know, bad timing but...yeah." I nodded and agreed with her. "I am not starting yet. I am taking a bit of time to grieve first. I start April 1st, so that's going to be fun." She agreed and smiled when I said that. That's when I saw Severide walk up to us. "Sorry but do you mind if I say hi?" I turned to look at him and nodded.

Going to hug Heather, Severide smiled. "Nice to see you again Heather." Severide then looked down at the boys and smiled. "How are you guys?" Ben then looked at him and went to hug him. Griffin then did the same before looking at me. "Matt, can you convince our moms that we can be firefighters someday too?" I then laughed when he said that. "Now, only if you come back to Chicago. Sorry boys but, I am positive your mom wouldn't want you working under any other chief than me. I promise though...I will keep them safe if you decide to come back."

Heather smiled and nodded when I said that. I then turned to look at Gabby and smiled at her. "Listen, we need to get you something to eat okay? Then we are going to talk about him while we sit in here." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Listen, you guys just find a place to sit and we will talk about Boden for a while." Heather agreed and smiled when I said that. Grabbing Gabby's hand, I then went to intertwine our fingers when I saw a whole bunch of food in the kitchen. "Chief Walker." Walker then turned to look at me and smiled. "Chief Casey."

I then looked at him when he said that and then turned to look at Gabby. "Wow, that's still not registering in my brain. It's going to be weird being called that." Walker nodded when I said that. "Believe me, you'll get used to it." I then went to rub his back as we went to grab some food. "Good selection of food by the way." Going to grab myself a plate, I looked at Gabby. "Want me to make you a plate and you can go sit down with our siblings?" Gabby then looked up at nodded when I said that. "Thanks." Walking away to go sit down, Gabby smiled.

Looking at Walker, I smiled at him. "I promise, I am going to be back on the next shift. Just know that I am not doing all the shifts. I hope that's okay?" Walker nodded when I said that. "Calm down Matt, you still work shift work when you are chief. Just take it slow and don't change too much stuff too fast." I then laughed when he said that. "First thing I am changing is we are taking this house digital. Sorry but, I am done with the paper stuff. Think you can help me with that and stuff?" Walker nodded and agreed with me. "When do you want to do your ceremony?"

I bit my lip when he asked me that. "Can we do it after Easter? But not in June. That's too late. We are giving birth July 20th." He agreed and smiled when I said that. We then both proceeded to grab some food for lunch.