Chapter 138

Matt's POV: After making our way to the bedroom, I smiled when I went to sit in bed. That's when I saw that Gabby grabbed a muffin. "Good, you grabbed a bit of food." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Believe me, that was always going to happen. I need to eat." I smiled when she said that. "Yeah, you need to keep the future of Firehouse 51 safe in there." Sitting down next to me, Gabby smiled when I said that. Laying down more, I went to put my hand on her stomach and then went to kiss her stomach. "What do you think about that you three? Want to grow up to be paramedics and firefighters like mommy and daddy?" I then went to kiss her stomach again. Watching me do it, Gabby just smiled while waiting for me to kiss her.

Moving to kiss her, I smiled while holding her close. "You know, if we stay...all of our friends get to go through this pregnancy along with us." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Honestly, I think that's the best move. I know we wanted to be with my brother but...he's going to be busy. And I want my girls around me. I think we were just thinking about the future and not taking into account what we really want. Sure, would it be easier to move to the Bahamas...yeah. But, would it be home? Of course not...Chicago is our home. It's our babies' home already." I smiled and agreed with her. "I am already thinking about this and I want to talk."

Gabby was confused when I said that. "I want to make sure we are really making this decision. If we are staying...we are unpacking. And the window to repack is going to be non-existant. Gabby, I want to make sure that our decision is not just based on quick decisions, fears or emotions. If we say that we are doing this...then we are going to stay here and we are going to put down solid roots." Gabby looked at me and was really confused when I said that. "What do you mean by that? Wait...do you still think that I might leave you in the kids in the future?"

I stopped her right away when she said that. "Hey, stop that and relax okay? First of all...that is not what I meant. What I meant is....we need to make the biggest financial decision of our lives. We can't live here with triplets. We seriously need to think about getting a home. And not a duplex but...a real home. So we are talking about taking out a mortgage, buying a house and not moving for a long time. I hate to say this babe but...once we buy a house here, I am not moving. That is a huge financial investment for how big of a house we need. And it's..."

Gabby just looked at me when I said that and nodded, understanding what I meant now. "I understand now Matt and I agree. That is a big financial decision and get why you said that. I guess my hormones just make me scared easier." I nodded when she said that. "Hey, I am here for good and so are you. I don't want you to worry okay? We are together forever. And you can object to his. I want to make sure this is a decision we make together. If you tell me that you want to move to the Bahamas....I will understand and do it because I love you."

Gabby nodded when I said that before going to grab my hand. "Matt, when I think about it more...I don't want to raise my kids in the sun. I want to raise them here but, we need to be safe. The thing that is going to really be the deciding factor is whether you can get your job back and whether Chief can let you work it from the outside. I am not arguing about this...you do not run in to fires anymore. You work them from the outside from now on. Sorry but, those are my terms. I refuse to loose you when we are having triplets." I nodded and agreed with her.

"I agree to all of those terms. Now, how about we call Boden and see if he agrees to them?" Gabby smiled when I said that and agreed with me, kissing me softly.