Chapter 174

Matt's POV: After driving home, I smiled when I came into the house with our groceries before looking at Louie as he stood at the fridge. "Hey Louie, what you need bud?" Louie then looked up at me. "Water?" I nodded and then smiled at him. "Of course bud." Going to take off my jacket, I went to hang it up when I saw Gabby come downstairs. "Oh good, you're home. I was just going to get him some water." I nodded and agreed with her before going to put my hands on her stomach, kissing her softly. "I got it because I bought Louie something."

Gabby looked at me confused. I then went to grab the water bottle and bent down to look at Louie. "Hey bud, you remember those water bottles mommy and daddy have?" Louie then nodded. I then went to show him the bottle I bought. "Look what I got you? You have your own bottle now. You like the firetrucks or monkeys?" Gabby smiled when I said that. "You got two?" I then looked up at her and nodded. "Yeah. I want to wash them more often. That's why I got us new water bottles so we can switch our bottles out more often." Gabby nodded and agreed.

"I just finished my bottle and filled it up." I smiled when she said that. "Good, now which one you want Louie?" Louie then went to point at the firetruck water bottle. "I like that one too." I then went to go wash it for Louie and went to fill it up with water. "Here bud, how about you carry this to the living room and just relax? I am going to put the groceries away. Then...you are going to get a visit from your uncle Antonio." He nodded and agreed while walking away to the couch. I smiled when he did that before getting up. Gabby then looked at me and smiled at him.

"God, you are such a great dad." I nodded and smiled when she said that before going to walk over to her. I then went to kiss her softly and smiled at her. "Listen, how about you go relax? I can deal with this okay?" Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "Okay." Walking away, Gabby went to sit down with Louie while I went to unpack my groceries. That's when I found my bars and went to put them into the snack cupboard. 

Meanwhile, in the living room:
Gabby's POV
: As I sat in the living room with Louie, I smiled as I just held him close and relaxed under a blanket. He was still a little nervous around the house...it was probably because he never lived here with us. That's when I looked at Matt. "Hey Matt?" Matt then looked at me and smiled. "Yeah?" I then sighed. "Listen, I was thinking about this but...you think that Louie is a bit more guarded around here because this is a new space for him? He never lived with us anywhere other than our apartment." Matt then bit his lip.

"I didn't even think about that. That is definitely a possibility." Going to grab the milk he bought, Matt then went to put it in the fridge. "Louie...are you scared of being here because this isn't the apartment?" Louie then looked up at me from the iPad and nodded. I sighed when he did that before going to kiss his forehead. "Bud, this may not be the apartment but it's still home because mommy and daddy are here. Okay?" Louie then nodded when I said that before looking at Matt. "Can I cuddle up to daddy again? I was comfortable."

Looking at Matt the just laughed and smiled. "You can always cuddle up to me buddy. I mean, unless your mother wants to cuddle up to me. Then, you are going to have to fight her for it." I then went to look at Louie and smiled. "We can share daddy. And we can even tickle him. He's very ticklish just like you." I then went to tickle him a bit and just smiled as he laughed...seeing that he was really relaxing more. This was exactly what I wanted and I was glad that was happening. Matt then just smiled at us and continued putting the things away.

"I'll be right there. I fully expect a bunch of cuddling." I nodded and smiled at him. "By the way, I was safe coming downstairs...I promise." Matt then looked at me and nodded. "Gabby, relax okay? I trust you when it comes to that." I smiled when he said that and nodded. "Okay. Now just finish up so that you can come relax with me and Louie. That's what we want to do with daddy right now." Matt smiled when I said that and nodded as he continued to put the groceries away so that he could come join us in the living room.