Chapter 260

Matt's POV: After making my way upstairs to take a shower, I smiled when I saw Gabby in there. "Thought you were going to be talking to Louie." Taking off my boxers and setting them in the hamper before going to wrap my towel around my waist, I smiled as I went to walk over to Gabby and then wrapped my arms around her. Leaving a kiss on her shoulder, I just smiled while holding her in my arms. "If you want, you can join me?" Gabby smiled at the thought while looking at me in the mirror. "It is early after all." I nodded before kissing her shoulder again.

Going to turn around in my arms, Gabby then went to put her hand on my cheek and smiled at me. "And we are going to be in the same room as Louie for the next couple nights. By the way, leave the apartment unlocked so I can go up and down. Also, I might stay up there more. Are you going to be able to stay in there too?" I thought about it and nodded. "As much as possible. Believe me babe, I want to be with you and Louie as much as I can but...I am going to be leading 3 shifts. I am still figuring out whether I want to just have 1 crew go out at once or all of them."

Gabby nodded when I said that before getting close to me and wrapping her arms around my neck. Holding her close while leaving a kiss on her shoulder, I knew she was still grieving. "You should join me in the shower. I know you are still a little hurt. And you would tell me if this was a mistake right?" Gabby then nodded while going to grab my neck. Leaning back and looking at me, she nodded before going to kiss me softly. "I promise, I will always tell you if I think you are doing something wrong." I nodded and agreed with her. "Thanks babe. Join me though."

Biting her lip when I said that, Gabby then nodded and smiled at me. "Okay, just get in." I nodded when she said that before going to take off my towel and getting in the shower. I then decided to wait for Gabby to get undressed before washing up. I wanted her to wash me because I wanted to have her run her hands all over my body since we weren't going to have as much intimate time with each other time. God, this was exciting though because today is my first day as Firehouse 51's Official Battalion Chief. And that was really exciting in my opinion.

"First day as Firehouse 51's Official Battalion Chief." Gabby smiled when I said that while getting in with me. Putting her hands on my chest, I smiled as I brought her close to me. Kissing her softly as I wrapped my arms around her, I just smiled and kissed her forehead. "Promise me you aren't going to always stay in the little chief's apartment we have." Gabby nodded when I said that. "I promise. I might stay in your office though." I nodded when she said that. "I am going to be talking with the guys and doing drills with them to find out who is compatible with each other. I know we already have some shifts set up but..." Gabby just looked at me. "My turn."

I was confused when she said that. "What do you mean?" Gabby then smiled at me. "Matt, this is your house now. You are the chief. It's your job to make sure the house runs as efficiently as possible. If that means you have to switch people around shift wise, then you are going to do that okay? I am in full support of that." I nodded and smiled before going to kiss her softly. "You think Severide, Herrmann and Kidd are going to be okay with that?" Gabby then looked at me. "They are going to have to be...after all, you are Battalion Chief, not them." I smiled when she said that. "Listen, I want you to be honest with me. You worked there...you know the people."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "Yes, I did. And I can be your ears in the common room. I will try and get people to talk to me okay? I know I am pregnant but Matt...I want to help you okay? I want to do whatever I can to make this transition as easy as possible for you. Babe, you know who I am...I am not just going to sit on the sidelines when I can help you." I nodded and smiled when she said that. "And honestly, I never expected you to...so I am going to love the help." Gabby smiled and agreed with me, kissing me softly. "Just remember, masks entire shift."

I nodded when she said that. "Believe me...I am not going to not wear a mask and jeopardize our chance to meet our twins." Gabby smiled as she watched me grab some soap so I could wash her baby bump. I then proceeded to wash her arms, kissing her slowly as we took a moment to ourselves. I was just glad that Louie wasn't awake yet because it gave us more time than we were going to have had he been awake. "I love you and thanks for being my biggest supporter in this new chapter in our life babe." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Same here."

Kissing her again, I smiled as we took it slow with each other...taking one last time alone with each other before having to spend the next 72 hours at the firehouse. Well, maybe we'll get a bit of time in the private apartment...we'll see. Actually, I am going to make sure we do. Even though I am chief, my first responsibility is to Louie (my son) and Gabby (my wife/the mother of my children). So, yes...I will make sure we get time in the little apartment today at some point.