Chapter 157

Matt's POV: After making my way upstairs to our top floor master bedroom (it took up the entire floor), I smiled when I saw Gabby sitting in bed with Louie while watching some cartoon. "Okay, which one is this now?" Gabby then looked up at me as she used her laptop. "Sorry, just trying to get in touch with a local daycare. I want to ask them to send us some stuff to do with Louie. Learning stuff. I don't want him to loose that. I already know which one he was going to before and I intend to try and..." I then went to stop her by sitting next to her in bed.

"Okay, take a breath and close your laptop for a minute okay?" Gabby then took a breath and went to close her laptop. Giving her breakfast, I smiled at her. "Here, let's start with breakfast." She nodded and agreed with me. I then looked at Louie and smiled. "Here buddy, how about you come sit with daddy and you can have breakfast?" Louie nodded and smiled as he came to sit in between us. Covering him up with the blankets, I smiled as I went to look at the TV. "Oh, I remember this show from when Violet was a kid. Blue's Clues."

Gabby nodded when I said that while eating some of the eggs. "Tina said that he liked it so...I decided to put it on. Sorry if I had to add Nickelodeon to the TV package." I then laughed. "It's okay Gabby. It's for Louie. That makes it worth it. You know that I would do anything for that little boy of ours." Gabby smiled when I said that and grabbed my hand. "Best part of this, the judge already approved the adoption and he can't be taken away from us ever again." I smiled when she said that because that was the truth and I really liked that fact too.

I then went to put my hand on Gabby's stomach and just smiled as I rubbed it. "You are halfway through your pregnancy. And I love that." Gabby put her hand on mine and just smiled as she went to kiss me softly. "And I love the home we got. I know you wanted a fixer upper but...I am so glad that you understood I wanted one already good for us." I nodded and smiled when she said that. "By the way, I already spoke to Chief. He's going to try and get me transferred to OFI-Arson or I am going to do Captain stuff from home." Gabby nodded when I said that.

"I am just glad you already had your surgery last week before the pandemic hit. How are you doing?" I then smiled when she said that. "Good. Believe me, I am glad it's done. We do not need a 5th child." Gabby laughed when I said that. "God, you know what I just realized...these kids are no longer our first ones? Louie is our first again. These are our 2nd, 3rd and 4th kids." I smiled and nodded when she said that. I then went to take a bite of my eggs before going to kiss her. That's when I saw that Louie was concentrating more on the TV show.

Going to grab the remote, I went to pause the show. Louie then turned to look at me. "Daddy!" I then sighed. "Take a few bites and then you get a few more minutes with Blue." Louie then nodded as he went to take a few bites. Meanwhile, Gabby just laughed. "You are going to be so hard on our triplets. By the way, I still can't believe that we are going to have 3 sons and only 1 daughter!" I nodded when she said that. "I still love the name we picked...Emilia Isabel." I nodded and smiled when she said that. "You sure you don't want to do Elizabeth?"

Gabby shook her head when I asked her that. "Nope, I like the name and we are not changing it. So please stop asking me." That's when I saw Louie take a few more bites. I then went to continue the TV show and he smiled when I did that. "Thanks daddy." I nodded and looked at him. "Just keep eating and I won't have to stop the show again." He agreed and nodded as he went to keep eating. "By the way, what are we going to do with him on the day that we are giving birth?" I bit my lip when she asked me that. "I might ask your mom to come help."

Gabby nodded when I said that. "Then she might as well move in with us. I mean, would you be okay with that? It's not like we don't have a bedroom for her to say in. By the way...good call in using one of the bedrooms down there as a guest room right now and the other as an office. The triplets are going to be sleeping up here for a while." I nodded and agreed with her. "That might be a good idea. But, I might still put a crib in the office. That way, I can take little Emilia down there when I am working." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Why her specifically?"

I smiled when she asked me. "Because she is going to be a daddy's girl. She is going to be my future lieutenant." That's when I realized something. "Hey Louie, you think you might want to be a firefighter like daddy or a paramedic like mommy when you grow up?" Louie then turned to look at us and smiled. "I want to be a firefighter like daddy." I smiled when he said that and nodded. "Then looks like I have my first future candidate." Gabby smiled when I said that. "By the way, we are not telling these three that he is adopted okay?"

I nodded and agreed with her. "Definitely not. They are going to treat him just like he was our biological son. Everybody will." Gabby smiled and nodded when I said that. "Listen, let's keep eating...then you can bring it downstairs. After that, we can cuddle up to one another. I need a massage after these triplets here killed my back." I nodded when she said that. "Of course." Going to eat breakfast together, I smiled we had our first pandemic breakfast together in bed.