Molly's Fire Part 1

Matt's POV - Part 1:
As I made my way downstairs to sit with the rest of the crew, I smiled as I went to put my mask on to protect myself. "Just an FYI Firehouse 51, we are now back in service. Shift 1, you are all going to the next fire." Everybody agreed when I said that. Grabbing some water in my big jug, I was about to go sit down with everybody (just like I promised Gabby was going to do) when the bells started to go off. "Right when I'm about to sit down again. C'mon!" That's when we listened to the address and were shocked. "1928 W Cortland St."

Everybody then yelled when we heard the address. "MOLLY'S!" Getting up and running, we all made our way out. And boy was I scared, this was personal for me because this was the bar I built for Gabby. Hermann then turned grabbed my arm while I was running by. "Matt, I need you to take control of Engine 51. Cindy is working there today." I then shook my head. "Engine 51, Shift 1...you are not taking this call. Engine 51, shift 2...you are taking this call. Hermann, with me." He nodded and agreed before going to run out with me.

Going to get in my Jeep, I then waited for the trucks to leave first. "Hermann, you have to promise me that you are not going to go in okay?" Hermann then looked at me. "Would you promise the same if Gabby was in there right now?" Driving down the driveway and following the trucks. (I decided to change that...Boden always drove before the trucks but, I thought it was a bit counter productive. We needed the trucks there first instead of my Jeep there). I then sighed when he said that. "Fine, you can go in for her only."

That's when I got a call from the Firehouse. "Truck 812 to Chief Casey." I then went to reply to Lt. Isaacs. "Go ahead Isaacs." He then spoke to me. "We just got called to UIC for fire at the science building. We are on route." I agreed with him. "Take control Isaacs, I am going to concentrate on this call and then return to quarters afterwards. I want a report though..." He agreed when I said that. "Got it Chief, Truck 812 out!" Hermann then turned to look at me. "Good call on having 3 trucks!" I laughed and agreed with him. "You off shift?"

Hermann nodded when I asked him that. "If that's okay...if Cindy's there then, I am going to want to go to the hospital with her." I agreed with him when we arrived at the bar. "Do you see her car?" He then nodded and pointed. "Yeah, right there." I agreed. "Leave your gear and radio in here. I will take control of Engine 51's 1st shift for you." He agreed and nodded when I parked the Jeep. Hermann shook his head. "Get Abigail to take control okay?" I nodded when he said that. "Good idea." Getting out, I went to yell. "ATTENTION 51, LT. HERMANN'S WIFE IS ON SCENE!"

I then looked at Kannell. "Kannell, get a search started. Kidd, get a line started. French, standby in case we need backup. Not a big restaurant." Kannell then nodded and went to go in with his crew. That's when we saw Cindy come out of the restaurant. Hermann was still standing next to me but I nodded. "Go ahead Hermann!" He nodded and then ran over to her to hug her.

Hermann's POV:
As I ran over to Cindy, I went to hug her and held her close. "Cindy. Hey, how are you?" Cindy then looked at me and just held me close. "I don't think I've been this scared since you were in the hospital." I nodded when she said that, kissing her softly. "Christopher, Severide...he was at the bar." I then got scared when she said that. Turning to look at Casey, I got scared. "CASEY!" Chief then turned to look at me. "What's up Hermann?"

I then looked at him. "Cindy says Severide is in there." Stella heard that and then looked at Casey. "Chief, I'm going in!" Matt nodded and then walked over to us again. "Cindy, do you know what happened to start the fire?" Cindy shook her head. "No, Severide was in the back to get me some some beers to stock up. Maybe that wasn't a good idea now because he was totally drunk. I heard something fall. Might be something..." Matt then looked at her. "Toxic?" Cindy then nodded. Meanwhile, Matt went to radio 51. 

Matt's POV - Part 2:
"Firehouse 51! Evacuate! I repeat, Evacuate immediately! This could be a toxic gas fire!"  Once I said that, I went to radio to get a hazmat team. "Chief Casey to Dispatch" Dispatch then spoke to me. "Go ahead Chief." I then sighed. "Can I get a HAZMAT team at 1928 W Cortlandt St?" They agreed with me. "En route Chief." I nodded and agreed as I waited for both Severide to get out of the bar (with Kidd) and for the HAZMAT team to arrive.