Chapter 210

Jay's POV: After making my way out to where the firehouse parks their trucks, I went to look at Will and smiled at him. "Hey Will, you have a minute to talk?" Will then looked up at me. "In what capacity? A doctor, you being a cop, as the future uncle or your brother?" I laughed when he said that. "As my dorky older brother." Will then laughed and turned to look at Natalie. "Hey Nat." Natalie then turned to look at him. "Yeah Will?" Will then smiled. "I have to talk to my brother for a minute okay? I will be back." Natalie nodded and agreed as we walked away. "You guys again?"

Will sighed. "Yeah, that's not happening. She's dating a new doctor. Speaking of which, what do you need to talk to me about?" I laughed and then looked at him. "I should've asked this already but...I hope you already know it's going to be you." Will was confused when I said that. "What are you talking about?" I then looked at him. "You in for being my best man at my wedding?" Will was surprised when I said that but nodded and smiled. "Hey, of course I am in for being your best man. Listen, I would love to hug you but...not the best idea." I agreed with him. "Thanks."

That's when Matt walked over to me and smiled at me. "Speaking of brothers, I am going to need some tips from you guys on how to make sure my boys behave?" I then looked at him. "You do realize that we never behaved for my dad right? And he is a lot older than me." Will nodded when I said that. "Yet, you are having the first Halstead grandchild." I smiled when he said that. "Yeah, I am going to be keeping the name going on for another generation. I think that we are going to have a boy. I just have this feeling that I am going to have a son before I have a daughter."

Matt then turned to look at Will. "Sorry to interrupt this but, I just thought about something as acting Chief. Are you going to stay here overnight Will in case there's another call?" Will then nodded. "I think that's the best case scenario. It'll just get worse overnight. Also, you think maybe we can get space heaters in here? Or something to keep the patients warm." Matt nodded when he said that. "I will try and find some blankets. Or actually..." That's when he saw a firefighter walk by. "Gallo!" Gallo then turned to look at Matt. "What's up Chief?"

Matt smiled when he said that. "Open the truck and get some blankets out. And then do the same on squad. You remember where they are right?" Gallo nodded and agreed with him. "Will, how about you go with him and help." Will agreed and nodded as he walked away to go help the truck candidate get some blankets that he can use to keep the patients that he is going to take care of here in the firehouse warm. I then turned to look at Matt and smiled at him. "How do you like being acting Battalion Chief?" Matt sighed when I asked. "It's my first day."

General POV: That's when we the bells began to go off. Over the loud speaker, dispatch let them know what was going on. "Ambo 61. Man passed out at Millennium Park. Possible COVID case."

Matt's POV: When I heard that it was a possible COVID case, I was a bit concerned and scared considering that this was the first case since I took over as acting Battalion Chief that there was actually a call that directly dealt with COVID. Watching Sylvie run out with Mackey, I went to look at her. "Sylvie, be safe and make sure you do not bring it back here." Sylvie then turned to look at me and nodded when I said that. "I know, because Gabby's pregnant." I sighed and nodded. 

"Not just that, so is Louie." Jay then added on. "And Erin's pregnant too. Be safe Sylvie." Me and Jay then both watched as they ran off to go take care of their patient at Millennium Park. Turning to look at him when they left, I went to go close the garage behind them and sighed because as much as I knew that Gabby wasn't on the ambo...I still felt the same way whenever the Ambo left the house. It was like a part of me left because that was Gabby's ambulance in my mind. In my head, she was still paramedic-in-chief on Ambo 61 and it was hard all the time. But, she's safe.

I then went to look at Will. "Why exactly didn't you go with them to be there to check whether it should come here or if it should go to the hospital?" Will then realized that and sighed. "Oh shit." Just give me a minute and I am going to drive you there. Running into the house, I went to talk to Gabby quickly. "Gabby!" Gabby then turned to look at me in the kitchen. "Listen, Will missed the ambo and I have to drive him. He has to act as triage and determine whether a call is COVID." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Stay safe, promise?" I nodded and agreed, kissing her.

I then went to walk away and went to radio to Sylvie. "Firehouse 51 to Ambo 61." Sylvie then spoke to me. "Go ahead Casey." I then spoke to her. "Stay at Millennium Park until I get there. You forgot Dr. Halstead who has to do triage there at the park. You do not bring them here if they are COVID. If they aren't we try and treat them here." Sylvie then spoke to me. "Why don't I just bring them to the hospital Chief? I mean, they said they were possible COVID." I then realized that. "Right, of course." I then looked at Gabby. "Scratch me going." Gabby nodded and smiled.

"I am making Louie a snack, he is going to bed soon. Go talk to Dr. Halstead and tell him the change of plans. Then come say goodnight to him. He's sleeping in his sleeping bag." I agreed and nodded when she said that before going to walk out to the apparatus floor again so I could talk to Will and cancel him going. After that, I made my way back into the firehouse to say goodnight to Louie.