Chapter 240

Matt's POV: Once me and Gabby finished eating breakfast, I was now in the midst of walking around our bedroom after getting changed into my sweats. Seeing that Gabby was in bed, I already knew that she was probably in the washroom looking at herself in the mirror. She did that last time we lost a child even though she never had a baby bump. I found it odd but, I was not going to stand in the way of how she needs to grieve. My job is to help her get through this in the best possible way I can. And that is exactly what I am going to do until she feels better.

Walking into the washroom behind Gabby, I looked at her in the mirror before going to wrap my arms around her. Putting my hands on her stomach, I went to kiss her head and whispered to her. "I'm here for you Gabby. Just remember that okay babe?" Turning to look at me, Gabby sighed. "Matt, stop pretending that this isn't really bothering you okay? I know that you are incredibly sad about this and that you are somewhat mad. Even at me." I shook my head when she said that before going to grab her neck. "Gabby, I will say this again...I am not mad at you."

Moving to rub my back, I could tell that Gabby still didn't believe me. However, I was not going to stop trying to convince her of that. It was my job as her husband to make her feel better after all. Giving her a quick kiss, I went to reach for her hands and intertwined our fingers. "Gabby, you are my wife and the love of my life. We have made it through much harder situations than this. And remember babe...we still have kids. We have Louie and these two babies right here." Gabby nodded when I said that before going to wrap her arms around me. "Can we not purge yet?"

I nodded when she asked me that because I already knew exactly what she was talking about. She was talking about the clothes we had for the babies. And honestly, I wasn't ready to get rid of them all yet anyways. This was going to me almost as hard on me as it is going to be on her. "Gabby, we can wait for as long as you want to do the purge. All that matters to me right now is making sure that you are alright and that you feel better. However, just because we are going to have to get rid of things...doesn't mean that we can't give it to people who need it."

Gabby then looked up at me when I said that. "I guess that's right. We can be charitable when it comes to the clothes." I nodded when she said that before going to kiss her softly. "Once we pack up the box, we can drop it off at Jay and Erin's place. They are going to be having a boy this year too and are going to need some of the stuff we had. How does that sound?" Gabby then thought about it and nodded while looking at me. "Not yet okay? I just want to grieve today. Maybe just have you hold me in your arms in silence? I know that's boring but..."

I shook my head when she said that before grabbing her neck. "There is nothing I would rather do today than hold you in my arms and do whatever I can to make you feel better. If that means we have to spend all day in bed...holding each other close as we grieve, then we will do just that. And don't worry about Louie. We can figure it out with him when we are ready. Right now, just concentrate on yourself and let me take care of you." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that before going to kiss me softly. "I love you Matt. Now, can we go sit down and cuddle?"

Nodding as Gabby asked me to do that, I went to grab her hand and intertwined our fingers so that I could lead her out to bed. "Honestly, there is nothing more that I would rather do right now than hold you close and make you feel better. Now, are we sitting up or laying down? Are you going to want me to hold you like I do when we sleep or like when we are sitting on the couch." Gabby then thought about it and scratched my arm. "I want to lay down right next to you and just feel you rub my stomach while whispering to me. That will make me feel better."

I smiled when she said that and nodded. "If that's what you need me to do to help you feel better, than that is what I am going to do...I promise." Gabby nodded when I said that while leading me to bed so that we could lay down and mourn our loss together.