Chapter 190

Jay's POV: When my brother was dead silent after I asked him whether he came from the hospital on lunch break, I was furious. "Dude, you are kidding me right! You're a doctor. You know what the protocols are for PREGNANT women. Do you want me to have this kid?" Will then looked at me. "Hey, of course I do! I know you love Erin and want nothing more than to be with her." I nodded when he said that. "Well now, you can get out of here. Like now!" Will nodded and walked away, scared of me since I was currently in "papa bear" mode, getting protective.

Seeing me freak out a bit Erin got out of the truck and looked at me. "Hey, you okay?" Putting the ring in my pocket, I sighed and walked over to her. "It's nothing." Erin then walked up to me and then wrapped her arms around me. "Jay, we promised to be honest with each other during the pandemic...you are all I have right now since Hank is at the district." I nodded when she said that before going to grab her neck and kiss her softly. "He just came here on his break from the hospital." Erin then looked at me. "Okay, now you know he's safe...isn't that a good thing?"

I sighed when she said that and then went to rub her stomach. "Now when you're pregnant Erin. I don't want you to get this disease. Believe me, the military is giving me intel on it...they are exploring whether this was unleashed onto the world by China on purpose." Erin got nervous when I said that before going to grab my hand. Intertwining our fingers, I went to kiss her softly and then decided that there was no better time to do this. "Which is why...if this is the end, there is nobody I would rather spend the rest of my life." I then went to get on one knee.

Erin looked at me when I did that and was shocked. "Erin, I know this is fast but for me it isn't...it's long overdue. I was going to ask you this when you left to go to New York because of what your mom did. Now that you are back and we are back together...I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." Erin smiled when I said that and nodded while going to grab my neck. She then kissed me softly and just held me close. "Yes, yes...a thousand times yes!" I then smiled while getting up and going to put the ring on her finger. She just looked at it and smiled.

Looking at me as we stood close to one another, Erin smiled as she grabbed my jacket and then looked up at me. Kissing her forehead as we held each other close, I just smiled at her. "Hank is going to kill me." Erin then shook her head when I said that. "Not as much as I am going to kill you for waiting until I got back. I am surprised you didn't track my phone." I looked at her and realized that I probably could've done that. "Shit, why didn't I think of that. Anyways, Hank would've stopped me because he was watching me like a hawk." Erin then looked at me.

"You could've done it with your contacts in the military." I thought about it and nodded. "Yeah. By the way, thanks for your help last night. I know it's an adjustment but..." Erin then went to grab my jacket and just held me close. "Hey...we are in this together for the rest of our lives okay? I am going to be here for you whenever you have  PTSD attack. That is going to be my job as your wife." That's when I heard Hank walk up to us both (with his mask on). "Seriously, you already asked her Halstead?" Turning to look at him, I got nervous.