Bad Omens

It was nighttime when we were all ready to go. Sokka was prepping, sheathing a machete and picking up a war club while I inspected my sword. There had been a bit of a laugh at my eagerness when Hakoda had to let me know that we weren't going just yet, to which I'd joined in with the laughing.

It looks like I have been accepted as one of them. One of the soldiers had asked me to show him some of my firebending tricks, curious about the rumour about mine being different.

I garnered quite the following with people calling me the Rainbow Firebender.

I sound so intimidating.

The last of the preparations were being done as I carried some of the last tangle-bombs onto a ship when Appa's growl caught my attention.

"Appa?"

Aang looked over at Sokka, then me, his expression worried.

Not a good sign. I made eye contact with Sokka and nodded, handing the last tangle-mine to a nearby soldier and running after Sokka, climbing quickly into Appa's saddle.

Appa took off as Aang explained that he had a terrible feeling.

"I think Katara and the others are in trouble," he said. "I can feel something is wrong, but I don't know what."

"Katara has Muteki, Toph, and Jin," I said. "But, I know what you mean. I can feel that something is very wrong."

"My instinct tells me you both might be right," Sokka said, looking away from the water tribe ships with his dad smiling up at us.

"Bad omens all around," I said somberly.