HELLO FROM THE OTHERSIDE

A/N: So here's that chapter I said wouldn't take forever.  Exams are over, so that should mean more chapters. Still, in all honesty, I've got like a whole bunch of fanfictions going on since I promised one friend like three, and you guys this one, and another friend a different one, and it's just me being not so good at time management and being waaay to confident in my ability to stay on top of things.  But here you go, nonetheless.  Vote, comment, and share, but most of all, enjoy!  Amaya out~

I brushed some paste onto a stone wall, then followed that up by plastering an Appa poster, while the others did the same in the narrow alleyway. Toph was leaning on a wall, waiting for us.

"We'll split up," Sokka said as Muteki plastered a poster to Mogui's back, resulting in a plaster war.

I rolled my eyes at them. "We'll certainly cover more ground that way, and maybe some plaster will make it to the walls."

The boys paused and grinned at each other sheepishly.

"Dibs Momo," Mogui cried as the lemur flew over to perch on his head.

"I got Aang," Muteki grinned at the small airbender, who grinned back.

"And Toph, you'll come with me," Sokka said.

"Hey! I can put posters up by myself!" she snapped, grabbing Sokka's brush, slashing glue across the wall, then slamming a poster against it.

Facedown.

"It's upside down, isn't it?" Toph sighed.

"Yeap," Muteki answered, popping the 'p' loudly.

"I'll just go with Sokka," Toph sighed, handing back the brush.

"Guess that means you and me, Jin," Katara said cheerfully as we all split up.

We walked together, putting up posters as we went, when a strange voice called out behind us.

"Katara?"

Apparently, the owner of the voice was only strange to me, not Katara.

We turned to see a cute guy step out of an alleyway near the square we were in. Katara gasped and dropped her brush.

"I think I can help you," he said, smiling confidently.

Like a switch had been flipped, Katara's expression went from blushing shock to pure outrage. She swept her arm out so suddenly that I had to jump out of the way to avoid being smacked in the face. Two towering waves of water formed from a stream behind us, and with a wave of her arm, they went crashing towards him.

"Katara!" He yelled, backing up a few steps as he hurriedly tried to talk her out of attacking him. "I've changed!"

He was immediately swept away, and I followed her as she chased him down an alleyway, a spinning sphere of water in one hand, held up and ready to attack.

"Tell it to some other girl, Jet!" she yelled as she froze the globe of water. Recognising where it was going, I kicked the ice ball out of the way and struck her hands out of the way with an open palm strike.

"Woah! Katara, I don't know what he did, but you don't need to kill him!" I said as Jet struggled to his feet behind me. "Hear him out before you decide to impale him!"

"He tried to kill innocent people!"

"And that automatically gives you the right to murder him!?" I demanded. "A wise man once said, if you kill a killer, the number of killers in the world remains the same!"

Katara's expression faltered, and when she realized that she really had almost done something terrible, she hung her head.

"We still can't trust him," Katara said, glaring at him over my shoulder. "He's lied to me before. To all of us. If it hadn't been for Mogui and Sokka, a lot of innocent people would be dead."

"Right," I said, turning to face the guy.

"Look," he said, holding his hook swords out away from himself, then dropping them. "I don't want to fight. I'm here to help."

Katara and I hesitated, unsure what to think of it, when he reached for something behind him. Katara immediately pinned him to a wall with a flurry of ice blades.

We must have made some kind of commotion since the others came running behind us.

"Katara, Jin!" Sokka yelled. "What is it?"

"Jet's back," Katara growled.

"Oh sh-"

"You better not be about to say what I think you're about to say."  

"No, ma'am."