Run girl!

My feet carried me forward, and unthinking, I put myself between the two boys. Shock registered on their faces as I looked at both of them in turn.

"What are you doing?" I demanded of both of them. "Stop it right now, before one of you get's hurt!"

"Jasmine!" Jet called to me, his free hand reaching out to me. "Please..."

"Drop your weapons!" a voice called out through the crowd.

Both of them actually lowered their weapons this time, though Jet immediately pointed his finger at Zuko and Iroh.

"Arrest them!" he yelled. "They're firebenders!"

"What?" I cried, looking around desperately for something liquid to bend.

"This poor boy is just confused," Iroh said placatingly. "We are just simple refugees."

"Jet, look!" I bent some water from the well, which was apparently not dry. 

 I swirled it around my hands, holding them out so he could see the water. "I'm a waterbender. Why would a waterbender want to travel with firebenders?"

"I know what I saw!" Jet yelled, looking at me with pity.

"This young man wrecked my tea shop and assaulted my employees!" a man that I assumed was Iroh and Zuko's boss spoke up next. "And look at that poor girl! She tried to defend my employee, and look how she's bleeding!"

Bleeding?

A breeze stung across the back of my left shoulder, and when I reached across with my right hand, it came away with red blood.

"It's true, sir..." who was talking?

I didn't really hear the rest. I was having trouble breathing and couldn't tear my eyes away from the blood on my hand. I could feel it trickling down my left arm.

I was vaguely aware of someone touching my unharmed shoulder, shaking it slightly. My lungs felt tight, and it was almost like I couldn't get enough air.

I've seen blood before. Quite a few times, actually. But... that was a lot of it. It wasn't stopping. My vision was beginning to blackout, and I could feel the shaking become more vigorous. And then it all went dark.