In a cute cottage near the resort thing...

"Look at these magnificent shells! I'll enjoy these keepsakes for years to come," Iroh said cheerfully as he emptied a bag of seashells.
"Oo! Pretty!" I cooed, picking up some of the shells and inspecting them.
"We don't need any more useless things. You forget we have to carry everything ourselves now," Zuko responded grumpily.
"Hello, brother. Uncle," I froze, dropping one of the shells at the icy cold tone of Azula's voice. I squeaked and jumped behind Iroh.
"I see you found yourself a peasant to keep you entertained," she sneered.
Zuko stepped forward, his brief surprise replaced with irritation. "What are you doing here?"
"In my country, we exchange a pleasant hello, before asking questions," Azula growled.
"And in the rest of the world, people generally knock before going into someone's home. Permanent or otherwise," I retorted, sticking my tongue out at her as I hid behind Iroh.

She growled and would probably have attacked me if not for Zuko getting her attention again.
"Tch. I can see why you would have become so uncivilised, Zuzu."
"Don't call me that," he growled.
"To what do we owe this honour?" Iroh asked testily.
"Hmm," Azula said, eyeing a shell in her hand. "Must be a family trait. Both of you are so quick to get to the point," as she said that, she snapped one of the shells.
"And you seem to have a penchant for beating around the bush," I responded, crossing my arms and glaring at her. "A true politician."

She sneered at me.
"I've come with a message from home," she reached up and started to play with one of her bangs. "Father's changed his mind. Family is suddenly very important to him," her eyes stayed locked with Zuko's, her face cold and calculating.
I knew she would be luring Zuko into a trap, but I also knew he wouldn't listen to reason. I needed to watch for things that I could use as a legitimate argument. 'I can feel it in my belly' just won't cut it this time.
"He's heard rumours for plans to overthrow him, treacherous plots," Azula pulled her eyebrows down, her voice overly dramatic.
Her words felt slimy, and I could see the odd gleam in her eyes. I've seen that look in the eyes of people who are acting nice only because they want something.
"Family are the only ones you can really trust."

She turned her head away towards the right, her face looking only slightly sorrowful.
"Father regrets your banishment," she turned her head so we couldn't see her face, but I shifted slightly and could see the ever so slight upturn of her lips.
Clearly not the great liar she thought she was.
"He wants you home."

So he can lock you up. She didn't say it, and when she turned her head, our eyes locked. That smug glint flashed in her eyes. She knew I knew, but she also knew Zuko wanted this too much to listen to anyone else.
Zuko was silent for some time, mulling over everything.
"Did you hear me?" she snapped, getting impatient.
"Give him a break!" I snapped back. "You just dropped a huge bombshell on the guy. He needs to let it sink in."
You lying snake.
"You should be happy," she pointedly ignored me, throwing me another dark look.
Zuko looked out the window to his left, and I could see his scar. It reminded me why I disliked his father. My jaw tensed, and I folded my arms in front of me, taking a closed-off stance.
"Excited! Grateful!" she continued. "I just... gave you great news..." as if remembering she was supposed to be enticing him, she changed her tone, smiling at him innocently.

"I'm sure your brother just needs a moment-"
"DON'T INTERRUPT UNCLE!" she snapped.
My nostrils flared as I attempted to reign in my growing anger, my eyes growing wider and eyebrows pulling down.
"I still haven't heard my thank you," she muttered to Zuko. "I'm not a messenger. I didn't have to come all this way."
"Father regrets...?" my anger melted away and was replaced with pity.
He was like a child, hopeful and wishing fiercely for something. I knew the truth, but like a child, he would ignore it until it was painfully there before him.
"He...wants me back?"
"I can see you need time to take this in," Azula said airily. "I'll come to call on you tomorrow."
She turned to leave. "Good evening."
"Don't let the door hit you in the keister on the way out," I muttered, my shoulders tensing as she glared at me.