Suddenly, a nurse

Zuko was lying in his bed while Iroh tended to him. I was making up a soup to try and ensure that he at least got some sustenance.

"You're burning up," Iroh said as Zuko moaned. "You have an intense fever. This will help cool you down."

Iroh pressed a cold water cloth over Zuko's brow while I ladled some soup into a bowl and brought it over to Iroh.

"So thirsty," he croaked. 

He tried to sit up, but I pushed him back down firmly.

"Nope," I said, as lightly as I could. "You need to rest, or you'll only get worse.

"Here, some clean water to drink," Iroh said, ladling some freshwater from a second bucket. 

I took the ladle while Iroh supported Zuko and held it to his mouth. 

"Amaya is correct. You need to stay under the blankets and sweat this out."

Zuko snatched the ladle from me and drained it completely. He tossed it away, then turned and grabbed the bucket. He poured it half down his throat and half down his front. He then tossed the bucket at a wall before flopping down, coughing.

I sighed, bending the spilled water to my hands.

"I'm not good at this," I said softly, laying one of my water clad hands against his head. "But it might at least ease some of the pain."

A soft glow emanated from my hands as I tried to use my limited healing skills to reduce his fever. While his fever didn't break or ease, he did seem to be in less pain.

"Thank you," he sighed as he fell back into a fitful sleep.