Burning Bright...

I chatted with Muteki for a while, watching Toph put Aang through his paces when a grumpy Mogui eventually joined us. He was still upset that Muteki had actually physically dragged him along but not Amaya. I sighed to myself. That girl was going to get herself killed, and all because she thought she could change things. I prayed in my heart she would be alright, but what she had said made sense at the time.

Iroh was old, and while he had been fine with just Zuko before, she was the kind of person who couldn't walk away when she knew someone could use her help. And Zuko? I still think they're into each other but won't admit it.

"So, Amaya said you were a firebender?" Muteki started.
I saw Mogui blink and look over at me, but I kept my focus on the madness in the valley.
"Yeah, Iroh had been helping me learn before Amaya told me to join you guys," I flicked a bit of dirt from my pants. "She seemed to think I could teach you, Mogui."
"She did?" he blinked again.
I nodded. "She doesn't think I could teach Aang, though. He needs a special kind of teacher, and she was right. I'm no master."
"But you know enough to help me?"
"Yeap," I clicked my joints. "But I'm still waking up, so give me until past noon."
Muteki excused himself, and left to chat with Toph, then wandered off. Probably to find Sokka.