Late Night Disasters

It was pretty late when we finally reached the palace, only to run into a girl with copper-red hair. She blinked at us, then grabbed my arms and yelled words at me. I should've been listening, but I was trying to remember her name.

"Jin!" I eventually said enthusiastically.

She blinked at me, then facepalmed.

"Please tell me you heard what I was saying?"

"Nope."

Muteki burst out laughing, only for Jin to shush us both. She put her hands out to me.

"Quick, link your hands with me. Muteki, we need to get back to the house now," she said as I linked my hands with her.

"Oh, we're making a chair," I chirped. "Uh, I don't know about you, but I'm not particularly strong."

"You'll be fine," Jin looked over her shoulder as Muteki put his arms around our shoulders, and we started carrying him back down the stairs.

"Wait, where's Katara and Momo?" Muteki questioned.

"Where's Toph?" Jin asked at the same time.

"Well, this seems awkward," I added. "Where do you guys live? I need to get back to the tea shop. I've literally been missing all day now."

"We need to warn Zuko and Iroh too," I don't think Jin is listening to me.

"Jin," Muteki said firmly when we finally reached a cute little house with... a huge hole in the side of it.

"Oh look, seems you've had a break-in."

"What's going on?" Muteki was ignoring me now.

"The Kiyoshi warriors are fakes," Jin said as I helped her settle Muteki on some cushions. "They're those people from the drill. The one that Mogui makes moon eyes at. I think one of them is related to Zuko-"

"Azula?" I added helpfully.

"Uh, sure," Jin said.

"Classic Trojan Horse," I said, nodding sagely.

Muteki sighed. "They have Katara and Momo, don't they?"

"Actually, Momo was looking for you, but yeah, Katara was caught," Jin said.

"Wait, shouldn't I go warn Zuko that his psychotic sister is here?" I questioned.

"Probably," Jin answered. "But I'm thinking in the time it took us to get here, the trap is laid, and all we can do is figure out how we can stop Azula."

"Kick her ass," I said.

"In my condition, a two on three situations isn't really in your favour," Muteki said.

"Well, I still think I should run back to the tea shop and warn Iroh and Zuko," I insisted.

"Can you find your way back?" Jin asked.

"Uh..."

"I can't help you back," Jin said, pointing at Muteki. "And leave him here where Azula might find him and... I dunno, eat him?"

"He might be a little tough," I said.

"True, he does appear to have been tenderised a little," Jin agreed.

"Ladies! I am not a piece of meat!"

"Fine, point made," I sighed. "But they're bound to think something's up since I didn't get back."

"Then consider it like you've warned them by putting them on edge," Muteki said helpfully. "If you didn't come back, they're bound to be on guard, and that might protect them from whatever trap is in place."

"Amaya," Jin said.

"Hello?"

"You look - "

"It's me," I continued.

"Amaya..."

"I was wondering - "

"AMAYA!"

Muteki laughed until he started to cough, which resulted in pained tears because... you know, he was sort of beaten up.

As an apology, I brewed them both some tea and tried to heal him up some more since now I wasn't freaking out about him being beaten up.

Familiarity was the only reason I didn't try to leave, and we ended up talking about everything that had happened since... wait, I do know these people.

It was my idea that we split up in the first place.

Something's fishy here...