Unda da sea

We reached the coast of the lake, which was surrounded by rugged hills.

"Pretty, ain't it?" I commented to Mogui, who nodded sagely. 

Muteki was standing slightly apart as if he was still puzzling something out.

"So, where's this secret headquarters?" Sokka asked Jet.

"Under the lake, I think," Jet answered, shaking his head.

"Anybody got gills?" Mogui joked as he poked the water with a stick.

"There's a tunnel right there," Toph said, pointing to her right. "Near the shore."

She walked over to it, whistling aimlessly. When she reached the water's edge, she jumped into an earthbending movement, which caused a stone pathway to rise to the surface. Toph then walked along it to a stone disc, which she bent aside. We hurried over, and all stared down the shaft as Momo flew away, chattering nervously. There was a narrow ladder that disappeared into the depths. Jet indicated that he would go first, and we went down after him, one at a time.

"It's all starting to come back to me," Jet said, leading us along.

He edged quietly to a partially opened door, then moved on. As we followed, we peered inside to see rows of nearly identical women, dressed exactly the same, standing hypnotically in front of a Dai Li agent, repeating everything he said in perfect unison.

I shivered in disgust and moved on. Mogui and Muteki were clenching their jaws, and it was obvious that they were trying really hard to not charge in there right there and then.

Jet continued to lead us down the hallway before we reached a large stone door.

"I think this is the big cell," he said. "It looked big enough to hold Appa."

"Alright," I said. "Muteki, Toph, you guys get that thing open."

"Gotcha," they said together, taking up a bending stance.