A rose by any other name...

A/N: I realised after posting this particular song (Nostalgia from the Fairy Tail soundtrack) sounded nice with the mood in this piece.  At least that's me.  If you disagree, don't play it :)  Anywho, I'll get round to new chapters soon, I promise, but I gotta navigate the world of exams and assignments before then.  Vote, Comment and stuff ~

After my talk with the boy with yellow hair - he seemed really familiar too; I wonder who he was... - I opted to wander around a bit more. Zuko and Iroh were at work today, and I didn't really want to go back to that empty apartment by myself when I felt so... not me.

Darkness fell, and I found myself standing in a small space with a fountain in the middle, surrounded by a ring of candles. It was beautiful and incredibly romantic, and I found myself entranced by the way the firelight danced on the water.

Fire and water, creating beautiful patterns and pictures. I blinked and noticed Zuko standing on the other side of the fountain. I was about to call out to him, my face breaking out into a smile for the first time in far too long when some girl kissed him.

My hands went limp, and the basket in them fell to the ground, causing them to jump apart as my heart thumped painfully in my chest.

"Am-Jasmine!" Zuko was bright red and reached one hand out to me.

I could feel tears coming and turned away sharply. I ran home, shooting past Iroh, who was busy watering his flowers and slammed the door closed behind me. I heard Zuko come home, calling Jasmine.

"That's not me," I whispered between sobs. I had my back pressed against the door, meaning if he wanted to come in, he would have to shove me aside. It wouldn't be that hard.

Even I know I'd lost a dangerous amount of weight. He could push the door open if he wanted to.

"Jasmine?" he tried to open the door gently. 

When it didn't open, he stopped. 

"Jasmine, look, I'm sorry."

I didn't answer, as sobs wracked me, and it was all I could do to avoid ugly crying. That is loud and unpleasant.

"Allow me," I could hear Iroh say gently.

"Leave me alone!" I snapped.

There was some quiet shuffling, and I thought they'd finally left me alone when I heard a very soft voice on the other side of the door.

"Amaya..."