To the Medicine Man

A/N: Hello, my lovelies!  So there is a tag-along chapter, or whatever you want to call it, that SashaL wrote that was posted on the Blooper Reel back on my own account iffin y'all be wanting to read it.  It's a Zuko POV chapter called "Fevered Dreams", so check it out and stuffs.  Amaya out~

Zuko's fever doesn't seem like it's going to break anytime soon. So while Iroh tended to him, I ran to the apothecary that Iroh had said was nearby.

"Excuse... me," I huffed as I reached the place. "I... need... help..."

"What's the problem? Shortness of breath?" the apothecary keeper asked, looking up from where he was mixing powders.

"My... friend," I took a deep gulp of air. "He has a fever, and it won't break. Please, we need something to reduce the fever."

"Have you bundled him up?"

"Yes."

"A cool cloth on the head?"

"Yes. Also kept him drinking clean water as often as possible, and we give him soup every mealtime."

"How long has it been?"

"A day, I think? He's burning up, please," I could feel tears coming to my eyes. I felt so helpless. "I don't know what else to do..."

The man patted my shoulder gently, then set about mixing a new batch of powders. 

"Here," he said gently. "Give this to him with every meal. Mix it into his tea to make it easier to swallow."

I took the proffered pouch and started digging through my pocket to find the money I'd brought.

"No, no," the old man said, urging me out the door. "Free of charge. But don't let anyone else know, or I'm out of business."

"But..."

"I don't like seeing a pretty girl crying," he insisted. "This friend of yours better appreciate how much you care about him. Or I'll come to collect the money from his hide."

I laughed slightly, pushing a tear from my eye.

"At least let me do something for you in return," I insisted. "I can't let kindness go unrewarded."

"Hmm," the man seemed to think it over.

"I can get you a free tea at the best tea shop in Ba Sing Se," I said suddenly. "The Jasmine Dragon."

"Oh, that would do splendidly," he said cheerfully. "Now hurry! It's almost lunchtime."

"Thank you!" I said again as I ran back to the apartment, clutching the medicine to my chest. 

My waterbending wasn't good enough to help him. But maybe this would.