Healing Hands

I brought Iroh a fresh pot of tea, mixing in the medicine I'd received from the medicine man, before handing the cup to Iroh.

"You should know this is not a natural sickness," he said as I got in behind Zuko to help him sit up and drink the tea. "But that shouldn't stop you from enjoying tea. And there is a little medicine inside that Amaya went out to get for you, to help ease some of the pain."

"What?" Zuko's head lolled a little and rested on my shoulder, his full weight sagging against me. "What's happening?"

"You're crushing me," I joked as I wiggled to get at least somewhat comfortable.

"Your critical decision, that you did beneath that lake," Iroh said, as he helped me get out from behind Zuko so that he could lay back down again. "It was in such conflict with your image of yourself that you are now at war within your own mind and body."

"What's that mean?" Zuko was hit with a coughing fit, so I bent some cold water to use my healing abilities as best I could. 

I pressed my hands against his back, and after a few seconds, his breathing eased again.

"You're going through a metamorphosis, my nephew," Iroh said as I returned the water to its bucket, feeling a little drained. "It will not be a pleasant experience, but when you come out of it, you will be the beautiful Prince you were always meant to be."

In the end, I sat there with Zuko's head in my lap, a fresh lot of cold water over my hands, which I held either side of his head, trying to soothe his pain some more, as I softly hummed the tune of 'Here comes a thought' as my way of distracting myself from it all.