Girls Day Out

It was early morning, and the guys were all standing in front of a pretty long mirror.

Aang had his head covered in shaving cream and was shaving his head with a razor blade. Muteki and Mogui were shaving their faces, while Sokka... he cut off a few whiskers above his lip with his machete. He then clicked his tongue and gave the mirror a cheesy grin while pointing at his reflection.

Katara was standing nearby with a small mirror in front of her, fixing her hair loopies. Me? Oh, I was brushing mine out. It had gotten quite long now. When Amaya had found me in that remote village, it had been quite short, barely brushing my chin. Now it reached past my shoulders. I wonder how long Amaya's is now? It had to be by her knees at this point. Unless she managed to cut it? Maybe? I dunno.

Toph was still sleeping, and last I saw, she was face down on her bed, and her hair looked like a bird's nest.

Katara and I went back to the room, and Katara gasped at the sight of Toph, who was exactly as I remembered.

"Huh?" Katara gasped. "Toph, aren't you going to get ready for the day?"

Toph whipped up her head, her wild bed-head-hair flying about wildly. She spat into a nearby spittoon which spun upon impact. Katara was shocked. I was actually slightly impressed.

Toph got to her feet and dusted huge amounts of dust off her sleeping shirt.

"I'm ready," Toph answered.

"You're not gonna wash up?" Katara asked. "You've got dirt on your... everywhere, actually."

"How do you manage to get so much dirt on yourself?" I asked, going over to the windows to open them wide.

"You both call it dirt," Toph retorted. "I call it a healthy coating of earth."

"The same thing, really," I answered.

"Hmmm," Katara had a thoughtful expression on her face when she smiled and clapped her hands together. "You know what we need? A girl's day out!"

"Do I have to?" Toph whined.

"Oh, come on, Toph," I laughed. "It couldn't hurt to get pampered like the queens we are, every now and again."

"Exactly!" Katara smiled.

"Ugh..." Toph groaned, but I could almost see a little excitement touch her face.

We made our way to a large building decorated with pictures of flowers and plants and stood near the entrance for a moment. Then, fancily dressed women in beautiful robes walked out and smiled at each other.

"The Fancy Lady Day Spa?" Toph questioned. "Sounds like my kinda place."

I chuckled at her. "No need for the sarcasm. That's Sokka and Mogui's thing."

"Hey, no one said only they were allowed to be sarcastic!"

"Ok, ok, you stay sassy then," I laughed.

"Are you two ready for some serious pampering?" Katara asked excitedly.

"I could do with some relaxation," I admitted as Katara hooked her arm through mine and Toph's.

"Sure, Katara, whatever you say," Toph grumbled. "As long as they don't touch my feet."

We walked in together, though Toph hung her head low.

Once we were seated in really comfy chairs, Katara and I were blissfully having our feet scrubbed. On the other hand... attendants were holding down Toph and were hard at work trying to scrape the enormous amounts of dirt off her feet. Toph was clearly not pleased. Especially if the loud, angry grunts were anything to go by.