Ugh...Sand...

A/N: Hello! So, I've not written up the part where we find out if Amaya cuts/dyes her hair yet, so you guys have until the 7th to get any last-minute votes in. Sasha emailed and sent his fond regards. So yes...have another chapter~

It's everywhere! Katara is waking everyone, and I have sand in my hair, and clothes and...I don't even want to know how it got in my pants, but it's there! And damn uncomfortable. Anyway, it was best we move on. Toph had dropped down next to me when we all collapsed not long ago, and so I was able to hear her very sarcastic remark about the taste in her mouth.

"Who would've thought I'd miss the taste of mud?"

"Amen to that sister!" I groaned, shaking the sand out of everywhere while Muteki helped Toph to her feet.

"Hey, Jin! Do the frozen fire thing! Then Katara can bend water out of the ice!" Mogui called, popping out of a sand mound. 

Was he buried?

"You know that's not how it works, right?"

"Just do it!"

I rolled my eyes at him and focused on my fire, which was burning normal again. 

"Sorry, I don't know how."

"Weird," Mogui said, dusting himself down. "For me, I just have to get really angry and then try shut that down at the same time."

"I was kinda pissed while chasing the sandbenders..."

"So get mad again!" Mogui said cheerfully.

I rolled my eyes again and focused inwards on my anger. It felt cold but burned, and my fire turned from red to icy blue. Lighter than Azula's fire...Almost invisible. "Alright, try this!"

I flame blasted some nearby sand that solidified and formed a strange and twisted sand/ice sculpture.

"That's impressive," Katara commented before trying to waterbend it. "But there isn't much water at all."

"Because there isn't much in the air. I'm not creating water out of nothing. I'm making things cold."

"Darn, and I thought I was on to something with that," Mogui muttered as we were all roused.

Something floated across the moon, and we all looked up to see a bison shape drifting aimlessly.

"Appa!" Aang shouted, his face lighting up.

"Cloud," Muteki muttered, shaking his head with an obvious look of pity.

"Appa? But why would Princess Yui need him?" Sokka said drowsily. "She flies by herself!"

Mogui kicked some sand at him, which Sokka began spitting out his mouth and making distressed whale noises.

"I think you made it worse," I commented to him.

"Oops?"

The shape floats and reveals that it was indeed just a cloud.

"Just a cloud," Jeez Katara, I didn't just say that, did I? "Wait! A cloud!"

She turned to Aang and handed him her pretty much empty pouch. 

"Fly up there and bend the water into this-"

Aang snatched it from her and shot off into the sky, zipping through the cloud swiftly before throwing the water pouch back at her. Katara picked it up and looked at it disappointedly.

"Wow, there's hardly anything in here..."

"I'm sorry, okay!" Aang exploded. "It's a desert cloud; I did all I could! What are the rest of you doing? What are you doing!?"

He aimed his staff at Katara next, who looked shocked at his outburst. 

"Trying to keep us all together..." she whispered tearfully.

I could hear Muteki about to explode back, but this wasn't his place. Girls gotta stick together.

"Yeah, I wonder what we could be doing?" I asked out loud, cutting off Muteki's remark. "It's not like Mogui, and I tried to catch the sandbenders, or Muteki and Toph saved you from being buried alive. Heaven only knows what Sokka's doing!"

Before anyone could make another comment or stop me, I got right in that little bald kid's face.

"But you? You're sulking. You have no right to talk to Katara that way. She's been doing everything in her power to keep everyone from falling apart and keep us all alive. She's been doing more than you have the entire time to get us out of here, and you've been throwing your almighty Avatar weight around. I don't care that Appa is missing right now because I know if we don't find him, Amaya will."

"She's with Zuko!"

"So was I!" I snapped back.

"But she's crazy!" Sokka piped up. "Totally off her head!"

"Not helping Sokka!" Mogui called back from a small distance from us. "You'll only antagonise the scary firebender!"

I threw him a glare before returning my attention to Aang. 

"Suck it up. No one is going to find or save Appa trapped out in the desert. As Amaya has told Zuko countless times before..."

Aang glared at me, even as I got right in his face.

"You won't get anything done by yourself, especially if you die."

Katara put a hand on my elbow, and I turned away from the airbender.

"Geez, you're such a child!" I snapped as I stalked away.

"He is twelve," Mogui added helpfully.

"Word of advice, Mog," Muteki added. "Don't rile a South African girl. She will use your entrails to hang you."

"A what?"

"Girls like Amaya and Jin," Muteki clarified, throwing up his hands in surrender when he saw me glaring. "No offence."

"Let's just move!" I snapped as Katara took the lead.

We followed Katara as she used the star chart to guide us. After much walking, Toph tripped and fell with a loud yelp.

"What idiot buries a boat in the middle of the desert!" she yells as Muteki hoists her up.

"That's it. I'm carrying you until we find solid ground," he muttered.

"A boat?" Katara questioned as Toph indignantly demanded to be put down.

"Believe me. I kicked it hard enough to feel plenty of vibrations! Now put me down, Mudface!" she struggled a little.

"I knew you heard Amaya call me that," he muttered, perching her on one shoulder. "Sit still. You'll fall if you don't."

"And from how tall he is, you might get seriously hurt," Mogui piped up again.

While discussing Muteki's height and listening to Toph's protests, Aang and Katara uncovered the buried boat-thing.

"It's one of the gliders the sandbenders use!" Katara said excitedly. "It's got a compass. I'm sure it can guide us out! Aang, you can bend a breeze so we can sail it! We're getting out!"

Aang looked sour, so before he could say anything, I threw him a look. "Say one word, and I will burn-freeze your ass. Let's go."

He did not protest.