My puns are koala tea

A/N: I'm not going to apologize for my title.  Anyway, a new chapter to tide you all over until after Monday, I think?  Who knows, I might get bored and do this instead of my work as usual.  Anyway, enjoy, vote and comment.  Amaya out~

It was the next morning. I'd arrived late that evening, and as such, was still sleeping when a crash woke me. I sat up from my bed, and a crushed flower chain fell into my lap. I recalled my talk with the girl with the basket of flowers. I wondered if she felt any better as I climbed out of bed, yawning and stretching. I came out into the living area to see Sokka lying in the middle of many scattered drawings, busily drawing on another piece of paper, with Toph lounging in another part. Momo was licking her feet.

"Morning, flamebrain," Toph greeted.

"Haha, funny," I retorted. "I thought more highly of you. Is Flamebrain really the best you could come up with?"

"Sparkles?"

"I could live with that," I sighed, making my way to the kitchen. "Where's Jin and the others?"

"Jin and Muteki went shopping, Aang and Katara went to find Appa," Toph responded.

"They went to ask about Appa," Sokka corrected.

"The same thing," Toph yawned.

"What was the crash then?"

"I accidentally dropped an inkwell," Sokka said sheepishly. 

I noticed several of the pages were soaking up the ink.

"Oh," I answered, then paused. "Wait, since when were Muteki and Jin a thing?"

"What?" Sokka looked up confused, while Toph started choking on... air?

"Mut and Jin aren't a thing," Toph wheezed indignantly. "She just needed someone to carry stuff for her, and you and Sokka weren't much help, and Twinkletoes is just too scrawny."

"That's true," I said, making myself a cup of tea.

When it was brewed, I had settled down to enjoy it when the front door slammed open, and I spilled it all over myself.

"Yeouch!" I yelled as hot tea burned me.

"Mogui, are you alright!?" Katara ran over, her hands already working motions to draw the hot tea off me.

"Yeah, yeah," between sharp breaths, I ripped my shirt off to see the damage. 

Just a red chest, and when Katara applied some healing, and it was quickly soothed. "Well, that settles it. I'm properly awake now."

"What was the rush, though?" Toph called from her spot.

"Oh, we found a printer to make our posters," Katara said, as Aang held up a poster with a beautifully done rendition of Appa, a picture of Aang and lots of dense script. 

Aang pointed to it excitedly.

"Hey, I thought designing "the lost Appa poster" was my job! I've been working all day on my Appa," he held up a very crude drawing of...something.

"Sokka, the arrow is on Appa's head," Aang said, sounding perplexed, while Katara fought to control her laughter.

"This IS his head!"

"Why are there feet coming out of it?" Katara questioned.

"Those are horns!" Sokka hung his head in defeat. "I haven't seen him awhile, ok?!"

"It looks just like him to me," Toph cut in.

"Thank you!" Sokka said, flattered. "I worked really- Why do you feel the need to do that?"

Toph and I burst into laughter, sharing a high-five.

"Let's just stick with the professional version," Katara chuckled. 

Sokka angrily tore up his picture.

Aang presented two stacks of leaflets with an enthusiastic grin. "Come on, let's get busy!"

"I was gonna ask Sokka to do a "lost Amaya poster," but if that was because he hadn't seen Appa in a while, I was concerned for Sokka's health," I said, getting up. "Let me grab another shirt, and I'll be there."

"Hey! I'll draw the best picture of Amaya ever! Just you wait!"

"I'll wait," I laughed back. "But make sure it's good, yeah?"

I looked at the pamphlet from the stack as I walked to my room. Maybe the girl with the flowers knew something?