I see Fire

I was sitting near our little campfire when a random song jumped into my head.
"Oh, misty eye of the mountain below! Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls..."
Zuko looked up from the opposite end of the fire while Iroh sipped his tea quietly.
"And should the sky be filled with...fire and smoke," I continued, tossing bits of twigs into the fire. "Keep watching over Durin's sons."

I'm just going to say I'm very impressed with Iroh. Somehow with my minimal talent in singing, he came up with some semblance of the right tune and hummed along. I wasn't even that far!

If this is to end in fire,
Then we should all burn together.
Watch the flames climb high into the night.
Calling out father oh!
Stand by, and we will,
Watch the flames burn auburn on the mountainside...
Desolation comes upon the sky.

And I sang the whole song, with Iroh drumming out a beat and humming along softly. I only noticed that Zuko had closed his eyes as the last note died away.
"That was beautiful, Amaya," Iroh said warmly.
"Only cause you rescued me from my folly," I responded, blushing slightly. "But thanks."
"Was that song about the Fire Nation attacking your home?" Zuko asked quietly.
"What?" I blinked in confusion. "Oh! No, no. It's about a dragon attacking a mountain."
I poked the fire with a stick, then frowned. "Did you just imply I lived in a mountain?"
Zuko blinked, very confused, before quickly throwing his hands up. "What? No!"
I chuckled. "Good, 'cause if you've forgotten, Airbenders live in the mountains, not waterbenders."
"We have never heard you speak of your home," Iroh said.

I stayed quiet for a bit, trying to figure out how to explain without telling. "I lived on an island. Very far away, and... it's gone now, so yeah..."
"What happened?"
"Zuko..." I stared at him, then sighed. "It wasn't the Fire Nation if that's what's eating you. If you hadn't noticed, Jin was a Firebender, and she came from the same island."
Zuko nodded slowly. "Then what happened?"
I shrugged. "It's just gone, and Mogui, Muteki, Jin, and I....we're the only ones from there now...."
Iroh put a hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner.
I cleared my throat loudly and rubbed my face. "That got depressing...OK! New song!"
Zuko smiled slightly at me, and Iroh laughed boisterously as I started singing a rousing version of Tobuscus' literal trailer parody of Darksiders II. That changed the subject nice and quick.