So we skip some essential story while Mogui takes a nap, for this message...

A/N: So, for the first time in ages, we have another Amazu chapter. I would still like it if you could send me some of your personal headcanons regarding Amaya, Mogui, Muteki, or Jin. It can be anything from what you think their backstory might be to what you think is in store for them. I believe that would be a fan theory. Anyway, I'm considering this a sort of practice for the next book, which I'm really keen to get to, so we might be having some more regular updates again! Huzzah!

I had finally managed to return the baby...child...human...whatever - to its mother when I tripped.

Gracefully, mind you!

"Whoops!" I cried out as Iroh caught me. 

Zuko was moping with his bowl of gruel.

"I'm sick of eating rotten food," Zuko groused.

"Hm, yes, that does sound unpleasant," I said, taking the bowl from him and pulling a face at the disgusting contents.

"Sleeping in the dirt-"

"Yes, that wasn't fun either," I added, passing the bowl back to him. 

He actually took it. I think he forgot it was the same one because he ate a little out of it and pulled a face.

"Are you doing this on purpose?" he demanded.

"A little," I admitted. "You need to see the positives!"

"Like what?" he snapped.

"Well, you're back to your usual chirpy self; that's always fun," I retorted. "Look, no one likes living like this, and I get that you're frustrated, but your attitude stinks as much as the food."

He pulled another face, but before he could respond, he was interrupted.

"She's right."

"I am? I mean, yeah, get that through your bone head, Lee," he threw me an annoyed look, and we turned to see who it was that getting in on our conversation.

"Hello," I had to slap my hands over my mouth at that comment. "Dammit, I have got to learn to control my motor mouth."

Zuko gave me a look that said, 'you didn't react like that when we met,' which had me in a fit of giggles.

"My name is Jet, and this is Longshot and Smellerbee," he had this sly grin on his face as he introduced his two friends.

"Hey," Smellerbee said, while Longshot just nodded.

"Doesn't talk much, does he?" I smiled.

"No, not really," Smellerbee answered.

"You know what? Good for him," I said cheerfully. "I hear the strong silent types get all the girls."

Smellerbee and Longshot both turned a little pink, and Zuko leaned over to whisper in my ear.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

"No, but it's still great," I whispered back.

Zuko rolled his eyes. His back turned to them as he gave a reluctant hello.

"Here's the deal," Jet started, and I cocked an eyebrow at him. Cocky, ain't he? "I hear the Captain is eating like a king while us refugees are left with his scraps. Doesn't seem fair, does it?"

"What sort of king does he eat like?" Iroh questioned.

"The fat, happy king," Jet answered. "So, would you like to help us 'liberate' some food?"

Zuko stared at the gruel for a moment before making eye contact with me. I rolled my eyes at him and shrugged. So he tossed the bowl out over the edge of the boat and turned to face Jet.

"I'm in," he turned to face me. "Stay with Uncle."

"Hmm, yes," I answered. "I'd probably trip and make a scene."

"That's not what I-"

"Calm down," I laughed. "Go play vigilante with your new friends. Shoo, shoo!"

Zuko made a small amused face as he turned to follow Jet. Jet threw me this slick smile, and I had to respond in some way. So I gave him one of those 'oh really?' faces. The one where you cock an eyebrow, fold your arms, the whole jutting hips and amused smile thing. He then threw me a wink, and my cocky stance quickly turned embarrassed. What the hell! Nobody does that! Nobody makes me embarrassed! ...Except Zuko... Fudge...