Back to the Gaang...

A/N: Hello All, this is Amaya speaking. We're getting very close to the Zuko Alone episode, and I'd like to know if any of you would like me or Mog to write a short with a lot of ZukoxAmaya moments. Yay or nay?
A/N (2021): Hey all, that Zuko Alone chapter is uploaded over on the Bloopers on Amaya's page. There are few other interesting things to read there too! We still love to hear scenario ideas from you all, so let us know!

At one point, Toph dragged Aang away from the rest of us and had a tea party with him in the garden. Muteki or Tyler... Whatever his name was. He insisted that he go along with them, but Princess Peach refused. Apparently, they needed some time alone. Probably for the kissing part of the making up. I started to worry about them when half an hour went by, and I heard nothing from them.

"I'm going to look for Aang and the bandit," I whispered to Katara.
"I'll come with you," she whispered back.
Just as we were about to leave, there was a knock on our door.
"Toph," her mum's voice called out. "Time for bed."
"She isn't here," I answered. "We were just going to go look for her and Aang."
"She insisted that she be alone with the Avatar," Muteki/Tyler said.
"We had better get a search party for them," the woman said worriedly.

"AANG!" I yelled into the night.
I was walking the perimeter wall with Mrs Beifong.
"TOPH!" she yelled.
"Mrs Beifong," I said slowly. "Why do you treat your daughter as if she can't do anything?"
"Because she is blind," she said matter of factly
"Mam," I put on a serious tone. "Your daughter isn't an invalid. She can take care of herself pretty well."
"I know. I've been to a couple of her... matches," that caught me by surprise.
"You've been to her fights?" I asked.
"At first to bring her home and scold her, but when I saw her bending, and how happy it made her... I just couldn't bring myself to crush her."
"So why keep her trapped here when you know she hates it?" She had piqued my curiosity.
"If my husband found out, he would punish her severely, and she would never be allowed to bend again. No, he cannot know about the extent of her ability or her secret life." 

That was when we found the two ruts in the ground. A scroll was pinned to the ground in between them. I yelled for the others to join us, and they all came running.
"Whoever took Aang and Toph left this," Sokka said, pulling out the blade.
"Captain, your super-sleuthing is marvellous," Tyler commented.
"Captain?" Sokka asked.
"Captain Obvious."
I took the scroll and opened it up. A little sleight of hand, and I turned it around so they could see.
"It's a letter," I said, showing the big red A I had put over the message.
Another spot of sleight of hand, and I turned it around.
"And a note on the other side," I showed them the musical note.
"And look, they left a message too," I finally revealed the scroll to them. A pretty good magic trick, no? The others weren't very impressed.
"If you want to see your daughter again, bring five hundred gold pieces to the arena," Katara read. "It's signed Xin Fu and The Boulder."
"I can't believe it," Sokka said solemnly, taking the scroll from Katara.
He grabbed the note, much to Katara's surprise and ran off a few feet before enthusiastically yelling, "I have The Boulder's autograph!" like the pathetic fangirl he was. It took all my will not to facepalm right there and then.

"We'll get them back," I said to everyone. "I vote we go to this arena and beat the snot out of them!"
"I vote we crush them in a landslide!" Muteki grinned at me.
"I vote we burn them to a crisp and rip their throats out!" I grinned back at him.
"We'll pay the ransom!" Mr Beifong said, not having heard any of what we had said.
"Or we could take the tactical approach and pay them the ransom," I said with a shrug.
"Too bad they are earthbenders themselves," Muteki said, shrugging. "Otherwise, I could just make a rock box around them, and they wouldn't be able to get out." 

So we went to the arena with a big bag of gold. I'd still rather beat the snot out of these guys, but that's what Mr Business wanted, so we had to go along with it. Anyhow! There were these two tiny coffin type things suspended above the arena. I guessed Toph and Aang weren't sharing one then.

"Here's your money!" Sokka yelled, throwing the bag of coins about a hundredth of the way to the WWE guy. Master Gandalf sighed and used his bending to get it the rest of the way to them. Mr WWE picked up the bag and waved to someone in the stands. Suddenly, the bottom of one of the cages broke open and out tumbled Toph. She ran to us, and Muteki stooped to wrap his arms around her. Then her father took her hand and guided her from the arena.

"What about Aang!" I cried at the wrestlers.
"Oh, I have a better idea," WWE said. "The Fire Lord will pay good coin for," he pulled a scroll out of his robe and opened it, "the Avatar!"
The scroll was dominated by a huge picture of Aang with a reward of 20000 yuans.
"So, you plan on selling my buddy to the Fire Lord, so he doesn't have to travel all the way there in secret? Good plan! He just has to master Earthbending first. I'm guessing that you are gonna teach him?"

Everyone looked at me confusedly before Katara ran off to beg for Toph's help. Her dad said no, but Toph was keen as a bean. She squared up to the guys, and about six more popped out of the ground behind them. Hey, weren't those the same guys that Mr Boulder beat before Toph neutered him?

She made the dust on the arena rise, shrouding the group of fighters. The bandit stepped in as her parents took their seats in the front row. Fire Nation man was the first to pop out of the dust cloud. Sokka and Katara were bashing Aang's crate with a stone, and I was watching the dust cloud. Spider-man is the next to join the fat man in the red suit on the floor, followed by the flat miner. Aang finally sprung free, but the fight was already as good as won. Then three fellahs blasted themselves onto the growing pile of bodies. Toph had this in the bag.

Toph cleared the dust cloud; only she and Xin Fu remained in the ring. Toph spat on the ground. Her father looked horrified at her lack of manners. The Bandit got into a fighting stance, and the two dancers circled the central ring. Mr WWE fired several rocks at our heroine. She brought up an earthen shield, deflecting them all, before turning part of the shield on him. He dodged one piece, but when he hit the ring again, Toph could sense an attack. She dodged a rock and created a fissure, sending him flying out of the ring between Master and daddy. Sokka collapsed in shock at the sight. Aang and Katara were left amazed before running toward her. Muteki got there first and wrapped her in one of his bone-crushing hugs before putting her down and telling her she was awesome.

Me? I was just happy to have my head on my shoulders still. Xin Fu's last rock had almost rocked my head off its perilous perch and missed me by less than an inch. I all but fainted from shock.