Mission Impossible

A/N: So the brief pause in uploads was because I was waiting for a chapter from SashaL, which was the last one before this one.  I have some free time - in which I really should be doing my assignments, but this is way more fun - so there will likely be more chapters up throughout the day. Also, I'm trying some things out, so we'll see how this goes, and I can't guarantee that there will be no cliffhangers. Otherwise, vote, comment, and share away!

"How're you feeling this morning?"

Muteki groaned as Amaya checked him over again. She's gotten better since the last time I saw her, but then I guess she's been practising.

"I feel like a stampede of elephants had a party, and I was the floor," he said as she used some water to ease his headache.

"That's an accurate analogy for what I had overheard," Amaya agreed before standing up and walking back to the kitchen. "I wish all this would calm down. This is just a huge tantrum, and the Fire Lord needs to take his time out already."

"We all wish that," I sighed. "But we need to figure out where they would have taken Katara and how we're going to save the Earth King from Azula."

"Probably the dungeons, but not one the Earth King would know about," Amaya said absently. "Because if she were delivering something important, then Azula would keep it to stop whatever you're planning, then throw the evidence that might be able to warn someone in a hole. Or kill them, but I suspect she's going for the gloating, so not dead."

"You do know some weird stuff," Muteki commented. 

Amaya threw a bread roll at him, which bounced off his forehead. 

"Ow."

"So, what do we do?" I asked, trying to keep everyone on task.

"Well, I'd say figure out this super-secret dungeon, bust out Katara, then track the Earth King and evacuate him," Amaya answered like it was obvious.

"Yes, but where do we start?" I sighed.

"That Lake place, surely the whole thing wasn't flooded-"

"THE KING!" Amaya suddenly yelled. "Jin, we should start with the King!"

"Didn't you just say-"

"Forget what I said," she said, waving her hands dismissively. "We need to find the King, and probably Iroh. Call it intuition, but I feel like we should sneak into the palace this morning if possible."

"Muteki?" I looked over at the Earth Bender, who was chewing on the bread roll. He gave a thumbs-up and continued eating his bread roll.

"See, he agrees."

I chuckled and turned to Amaya. "I know a way in, but Muteki isn't really going to be much help now. We'll sneak in, find the king, sneak back. After that, we'll see about tracking Iroh."

"Ok, go, team!" Amaya said before running out of the house, loudly humming the Mission Impossible theme song.