FALLING!

A/N: Okay. We received a grand total of... 0 submissions. Good job, guys. The winner is, therefore... AMAYA! Cause we gotta have a winner. Next time, PLEASE submit :) I still love you guys, so here's the next section of the story.

Appa had fallen for her just as everyone does. That was the illustrious beauty of gravity.
"What's going on?" Toph yelled frantically.
"Is this too early to recycle my turbulence joke?" I asked.
"What joke?" Muteki was gripping the saddle for dear life.
"We will be experiencing some slight turbulence then explode!" I answered flippantly.
"OH!" Muteki grinned. "Firefly! Great programme."
"What?" everyone asked.
"WAKE UP, BUDDY!" Aang yelled at Appa, grabbing his eyelids and pulling them open.

Appa woke up and realised the descent was too quick. It took all the bison's strength to pull us out of that nose dive. We cut down more than a few trees and landed hot, getting launched from the saddle and digging huge ruts where each of us landed.

"Appa's exhausted," Aang sighed, picking himself up.
"Okay," Sokka picked up his sleeping bag. "We've put in a lot of distance between them and us. The plan right now is to follow Appa's lead and get some sleep."
"Of course, we could've gotten some sleep earlier," Katara said angrily. "If Toph didn't have such issues."
"What!?"
"Can we just shut up and sleep?!" I yelled.
"All right, all right, everyone's exhausted! Let's get some rest," Aang tried to suggest
"No, I want to hear what Katara has to say," Toph growled. "You think I have issues?"
"I'm just saying," Katara began to raise her voice. "Maybe if you helped out earlier, we could have set up our camp faster and gotten some sleep and then maybe we wouldn't be in this situation!" she ended up shouting.

"You're blaming me for this?" the little girl shouted back.
"No! No, she's not blaming you," Aang attempted to pacify the girls.
"No, I'm blaming her!" Katara said flatly.
"I never asked you for diddly-doo-dah!" Toph yelled. "I carry my own weight. Besides, if there's anyone to blame, it's Sheddy over here!"

Now it was Aang's turn to get angry. "What? You're blaming Appa?"
"Yeah, you want to know how they keep finding us?" She grabbed a handful of Appa's fur and let the sheddings blow away in the wind. "He's leaving a trail everywhere we go!"
"How dare you blame Appa!" Aang yelled, squaring up to her. "He saved your life three times today! If there's anyone to blame, it's you! You're always talking about how you carry your own weight, but you're not. He is! Appa's carrying your weight. He never had a problem flying when it was just the four of us!"
"SHUT IT!" I yelled. "You have all been being the most selfish asshats I've met since Justin Bieber!" I pointed at Toph. "You talk about pulling your own weight, and that's fine and all, but we are supposed to be working as a team. Not 'cause we want to look after you, but 'cause we need to get everything done quickly and efficiently."
I turned to look straight at Katara. "You have been on Toph's back all day and not getting your own jobs done while the pair of you have been bickering like a pair of old ladies. We will split up the work later, but now, we need a plan. If you don't pull WITH us, then leave."
"I think I'll be going then," Toph scowled at us. "I'm out of here!"
Muteki stood slowly before nodding at me. "She'll be back. Keep moving. We'll find you."

"I can't believe I just yelled at my earthbending teacher!" Aang yelled dramatically.
"I can," I said dryly.
"I know," Katara sighed. "We're all just trying to get used to each other. And I was so mean to her."
"Yes, you three pretty much were," Sokka called over his shoulder.
"Thanks, Sokka," the other two shot him dirty looks.
I just kept lying there in my sleeping bag. Why is this bright yellow thing in the sky so... Bright? I can't sleep with the light on.

"We need to find Toph and apologize," Katara said softly.
I sighed and sat up. "This means I get no sleep?"
"Okay," Sokka stood up. "But what are we going to do about the tank full of dangerous ladies chasing us?"
"I have a plan," Aang all but whispered with a gleam in his eye.

So we got soaked. Sokka more than the rest of us, but I'm sure it was supposed to be Appa getting a bath and not him. Aang and Katara bent the stream up onto Appa's back while Sokka, Momo, and I scrubbed the giant haystack clean.
"I think that should do it!" I yelled to the others as I pulled off the last of the loose hair.
That got me a good dousing as the two other benders shut off their water hoses. "Fan FREAKING tastic!"

"Toph was right," Aang said. "The fur was leaving a trail right to us. But now that he's clean, no more trail."
"Are you sure he's okay to fly?" Katara asked nervously.
"He'll be fine as long as we leave his saddle and all our stuff here," Aang said, kneeling to pick up the fur and crammed it into a bag. "I'm going to use Appa's fur to make a fake trail to lead the tank off-course."
"Stay safe, Lil bro!" I yelled, climbing onto Appa's back. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do!"
I paused for a bit, thinking about what I would do. "On second thought: Don't do what I would do either!"
The other two climbed on too, and Appa took off again, pretending to be a lumberjack as he scraped past the trees.
"I hope he's safe," Katara whispered, taking hold of my arm.