The Chase continues

A/N: Hello Humans! I just wanted to say Hi, and also, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! Do you feel loved? I do. And Amaya and I love you all too :D So... That competition... It's closing fast. Just letting you know, today is the last day to message either @AmayaDisapproves or myself your entries. Love you guys and gals :D

So we flew. Over the hill and far away. Haha, that reminded me of a song I once heard. I can't remember when or where, but it was really beautiful.
"O'er the hills and o'er the main," I began singing softly. "Through Flanders, Portugal, and Spain, Our queen commands and we obey, Over the hills and far away."
"When duty calls me, I must go," Muteki took up the tune. "To stand and face another foe, But part of me will always stray, Over the hills and far away."

"If I should fall, to rise no more!" We gave it all we had with mighty gusto. "As many comrades did before, Then ask the pipes and drums to play, Over the hills and far away! Then fall in lads behind the drum, With colours blazing like the sun, Along the road to come what may, Over the hills and far away!"

So then we tried to land again, positive that nobody could have followed us through those mountains.
Sokka tumbled out of the saddle and onto the ground before turning to the others.
"Okay, forget about setting up camp," he crawled along the ground in a sleeping bag. "I'm finding the softest pile of dirt and going to sleep."
"That's good," Katara commented. "Because Toph wasn't going to help anyway!"
"Oh, I didn't realize the baby still needed someone to tuck her in bed," Toph teased.
I just tried to block the whole thing out and crawled away to find somewhere quiet to sleep. I heard them say something about Zuko, but I knew it wasn't him. Just not his style. I fell asleep shortly.

Rudely awoken, I sent out a fire wave. Not on purpose, just like someone hitting the alarm clock. I hit back at whatever was trying to wake me up. Muteki flicked up a stone wall to protect himself from my outburst.
"We got company!" he yelled at me before joining the ranks.
"When duty calls me, I must go," I said slowly. "To stand and face another foe."

I joined the lineup as the ladies stepped out of the carriage.
"Ah, Son of a motherless goat," I muttered. "Looks, my disguise has fallen through."
"It's those three girls from Omashu!" Katara was shocked.
"We can take them," Toph yelled. "Three on four."
"And what are we?" I asked, pointing at Sokka and myself.
"Actually, Toph," Sokka said. "There's six of us.
"Oh, I'm sorry," the little girl said sheepishly. "I didn't count you. You know, no bending and not really being a good bender."
Sokka turned to her, his face distorted with rage. "I can still fight!"
"Okay, three on four-plus Sokka and the novice."

Oh, she was really working on my anger issues today. She forgot my name, said I'm not that good at something I've never had any real training for and then brushed me off like nothing! Imma flambe her ass!

Toph and Muteki earthbent several columns in an attempt to hinder the girls. However, the lizard thingies merely leapt over them and continued on their way.
"Well, we wanted to find out who they were, and we found out," Sokka said, putting his boomerang away. "Now, let's get out of here."
We all turned and ran to Appa. But Toph had a better idea. She and Muteki decided to try launching the lizards into the air. Nope, it didn't work. Wall? Azula blasted through it. They launched themselves onto Appa, just in time as knives struck where their heads had been moments before.

"I can't believe those girls followed us all the way from Omashu," Katara seemed awestruck.
"I still think we could have taken them," Toph was a grump again.
"Are you kidding me?" Katara's eyes were wild. "The crazy blue firebending and the flying daggers are bad enough, but last time we saw them, one of those girls did something that took my bending away. That's scary."
"Oh no," Sokka complained. "The sun is rising. We've been up all night with no sleep!"
"Sokka, we'll be okay," Aang said calmly.
"Are you sure? I've never not slept before!" he held his hands up to his face. "What if I fall asleep now and something happens?" Now he's just freaking out. "And something always happens!"
"Dude," I tried to calm him. "I got a little sleep. I can take care of things while you get some shuteye."
"Every time we land, those girls are there," Katara said sadly. "So we'll just have to keep flying."
"We can't keep flying forever," Aang whispered.