What now?

A/N: Ok, I know I said that this was because there were many short chapters now, but the truth is that I need this to be a multiple of five.  I probably won't stop even when the chapters become a multiple of five.  Anyway, enjoy the chapter flood!

I was still limping towards the palace when I bumped into a mildly confused and obviously lost Amaya. She barely noticed me until she walked right into me.

"Eek," she squeaked as she fell backward. 

I stumbled a little but managed to catch myself since I'd been seeing her walk towards me. I kind of thought she'd notice before she walked into me, but because she hadn't, I knew for sure it was her. No doubt, this was Amaya.

"Um," she looked up at me before she too recognized me. "You're the half-dead guy!"

"Yeah, Amaya, I have a name," I said as she got back up.

"About that," she said. "How come I remember you but also don't?"

"No idea? Did you hit your head?" I paused. "Other than when you walked into the door frame?"

"Uh... I fell out a tree once," she said.

"...When?"

"It's fine, Zuko caught me- uh, I mean..." she visibly panicked at that. "My friend Lee, not Zuko. I have no idea who- ow, hey!"

I had poked her forehead, stopping her panicked rant mid-sentence. 

"It's fine, I know about him, and I'm not about to freak out on you. He's not still hunting the Avatar, is he?"

"He's working in a tea shop."

"Well, then I got no issue with him," I winced as I prepared to continue towards the palace. "This is going to take all day..."

"Lemme help you," Amaya said, cocking her head adorably.

"Uh, sure," I said. "But if I lean on you, can you take the weight?"

"Pfft, absolutely!"

Yeap, this girl is definitely Amaya.

"Somehow, I doubt it, but I'm a little out of options right now," I said, throwing an arm over her shoulders and leaning against her slightly. 

Her head only came to my chest, so I didn't lean on her much. I just took some of the weight off my bad ankle as we walked.

"So, where to... uh, what was the name again?"

"Muteki."

"Right, where to?"

"The palace," I said. "Pretty sure the others will be there."

"Ohh, I've always wanted to visit a palace."

"Amaya."

"Yes?"

"Please never change."

"Uh, sure."