Ancient Temple ruins, and SECRET TUNNEL!

So we were chilling and strolling through these temple ruins, and I was looking at the cool art around the mossy rocks.
"How far are we from the tunnel?" Sokka asked over his shoulder as we walked.
"Actually, it's not just one tunnel," Chong said seriously. "The lovers didn't want anyone to find out about their love, so they built a whole labyrinth."
He said the last part rather excitedly. Sokka froze and looked back at him.
"A labyrinth!?"
"I'm sure we'll figure it out," Chong said calmly.
"You are a very chilled person, aren't you?" I said airily.
"No, actually, I'm rather warm," Chong responded.
I sighed and shook my head. "Nevermind."
Sokka seemed slightly placated by the 'we'll figure it out' thing, so we resumed walking.
"All you need to do is trust in love," Lily said in that hippy voice of hers. "According to the curse."
Sokka froze again. We all passed him before he made an annoyed grunt.
"Curse!?"

We came to stand before a huge tunnel with writing above it.
"Wha hey! We're here!" Chong said cheerfully.
"What exactly is this curse?" Sokka questioned, staring at the cave.
"The curse says that only those that trust in love can make it through the caves," Chong explained. "Otherwise, you'll be trapped in them forever."
"And die!" Lily added helpfully.
The joy of joys. A secret love cave of death.
"Oh yeah! And die," Chong's face lit up suddenly. "Hey! I just remembered the rest of that song!" He walked into the mouth of the cave.
"And die!" He sang, his voice echoing deeply through the cave.
"That's it!" Sokka yelled. "There is no way we are going through some cursed hole!"
"We aren't?" I asked sarcastically. "I thought that was half the fun, you know, trying not to die...."
Sokka face palmed again.

"Hey!" the fat guy said stupidly, pointing towards some smoke in the distance. "Someone's making a big campfire!"
"That's no campfire, Moku," Katara said sternly, staring towards the smoke.
"It's the Fire Nation," Sokka muttered, frustrated. "They're tracking us."
"So all you need is to trust in love to get through these caves?" Aang questioned Chong.
I glanced over at him and saw him throw Katara a thoughtful look.
"That is correct, Master Arrowhead," Chong responded dully.

Aang's eyes actually glistened, and I smirked as I realised what he was thinking.
"We can make it," he said, smiling.
"Everyone into the hole!" Sokka called back to us.
Appa protested, throwing himself around as he roared reluctantly.
"Come on, big guy," I called, waving back to the air bison. "It won't be that bad!"

We hadn't gotten too far in when a loud rumble and sudden loss of light alerted us to a cave in.
"GREAT!" I yelled sarcastically. "Now it's dark too!"
I raised my hand and allowed the fire to come to life. Chong lit a torch, and Appa started digging at the rocks.
"It's okay, Appa," Katara said, putting a hand on his leg. "I hope.." she added softly.
"It'll be alright," I said, putting my free hand on Katara's arm. "If we really need food, I can roast Sokka!" I added as a joke.
"Hey!"
"Kidding, bro."
Sokka rolled his eyes. "We will be fine. We just need a plan. Chong, how long do those torches last?"
"Uhh, about two hours each," he said lazily.
"And we have five torches, so that's..." Lily lit them all. "Ten hours!"
"It doesn't work like that if they're all lit at the same time!" Sokka yelled, stomping out the torches.
"Dude! Chill! Firebender remember?" I shouted as he climbed up onto Appa's saddle.
"Oh yeah! How long can you keep that up?"

"Eh, about three hours under normal circumstances," I estimated, putting out my fire since there wasn't really a need. "Less if I'm cold."
"Alright, good," Sokka said, digging through the bags. "I'm gonna make a map to keep track of exactly where we've been."
"So, solve it like a maze and get out?" I summed up.
"Exactly," Sokka said sternly.
We all set off after him, all in our little - actually, surprisingly big - pool of light.