Flowers~

A/N: So it looks like~ Koko won. Anyhow, here's the long-awaited verdict for the cut/dye thing. I might be a little slow with more updates since I've almost finished Batman: Arkham Knight, and I clearly cannot focus for long periods. Regardless! Comment, Vote, that whole shebang, and I'll endeavour to keep the updates from taking longer than a week :D

"Oh, flowers~" I cooed as I went exploring the building we'd been guided to.

"Amaya stop wandering off," Zuko sighed.

"Yes, dad," I rolled my eyes as I muttered to myself before wandering back over to them.

That happened to be around when Iroh said whatever it was he said - I don't really know or care, there was a really cool flower that looked like it might be poisonous over there - and then he went through a door that slammed in Zuko's face. Zuko looked really put out and leaned against the post next to the door. I watched him as he tried to pretend he didn't just sniff a flower while hiding behind some other flowers.

That's when he remembered I was supposed to be where he could see me.

"Amaya?"

"..."

"Amaya?" he was now looking around as much as he could. 

I was well hidden...preparing to strike and... "Amaya!?"

"Would you say this flower smelled good or not?" I asked, popping up from a pot near the bottom, holding a huge and very pretty white flower blossom.

"Dammit, Amaya!" he snapped.

"...What?"

He facepalmed, which made me laugh. Such fun, such fun.

"Oh, onto the thing about my hair-"

"You are not cutting it," he said, giving me a look somewhere between pleading and demanding.

Puppy eyes. He gave me puppy eyes. I hate you, Koko! My one weakness! Puppy eyes! And sharp pointy things! And fire...and - oops, off-topic.

"Hey, whoa! I was going to ask if you knew anything about dye," I pulled a face. "Only I've never used dye before and have no idea how to find any, and - oh, that's a pretty flower!"

"Can you focus on anything for more than a minute?"

"I tried it once," I answered. "Worst minute ever! How do you ever get anything done when you're not seeing all the - oh, another pretty flower!"

There was a frustrated sigh from somewhere behind me. Then I bumped into the owner's...wife? I'm going to assume it's his wife. Unless she is the owner. In which case, it doesn't matter. Regardless, she happened to have overheard the thing about dyes, and we were going on an adventure through the flowers, looking for ones that, when mixed in a certain way or whatever, make a pretty much permanent dye. She whispered a very confidential "this is how I keep the greys out of my hair" before eying my hair and commenting that it was "such a bright and unique colour, but it couldn't be helped", and off we went. It looked like this would be easier to do than trying to keep a wig on my head. Excellent. Those things itch!